Audio Station only plays one track at a time

Questions/comments regarding the Audio Station can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
dan12
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Audio Station only plays one track at a time

Unread post by dan12 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:13 am

I also updated to audio station package to 6.1.1-3158.

Problem still persists (exactly as described: playlist stops after 1 song, progress bar / timer not moving on).

Running latest DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 1 on DS216+II

I would like to know whether others, apart from erpol, have seen an improvement.

erpol
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by erpol » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi dan12,

You don't mention if the problem occurs when you play tracks directly on your PC with Audiostation, or only when you play them remotely on a device, or both? And if it's only remotely, which device(s) are you using?

Just trying to get a feel for your specific issue, because in other posts in this thread the issue has been fixed by a firmware update of the device. So if I still believe that there was a bug in Audiostation (Synology as much as said so themselves), there may also be problems with some devices' firmware.

Personally I use 2 Raspberry Pi 3's running Runeaudio with the Hifiberry DAC card, and also (which is really out there but does work), a Logitech media server used as a UPnP client!

For now, the issue seems to have been fixed for all devices with 6.1.1-3158, it hasn't recurred yet.

RP

zortapa
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by zortapa » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:36 pm

erpol wrote:
zortapa wrote:Just updated the audio station package to 6.1.1-3158.

My DS213+ still only plays one file at a time! NOT FIXED!
So far (almost 2 weeks), 3158 works for me, the problem hasn't recurred at all.

Did you check whether the time counter actually tracks the time played in the song? In "my" problem (and for many other posters in these threads), the two symptoms were always concurrent: if the timer stayed at 0 while the song played = the song would stop when reaching the end without playing the rest of the playlist / album.

If you have different symptoms, you may have a different problem...

RP
Here are the details:
- I add 2 songs to my playlist and click on the first song to play it. It plays the entire file, counter increases correctly to the end of the file, and while playing the "audio bars" to the left of the file name are moving.
- After the first song finishes, the second song becomes active, the counter resets to 0, and the "audio bars" next to the name of the 2nd files are now moving. However, the counter is stuck at 0 and the song does not play. It will stay like this indefinitely.
- I then press the pause/play button once (the audio bars stop moving) and then again (the song starts to play normally).

If I have a 3rd song in my playlist, the same behavior happens when transitioning from the 2nd to 3rd song.

Replicated with exactly the same effect many times. This may be a different problem.
Synology RT1900AC
Synology DS216+II

zortapa
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by zortapa » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:57 pm

zortapa wrote:Here are the details:
- I add 2 songs to my playlist and click on the first song to play it. It plays the entire file, counter increases correctly to the end of the file, and while playing the "audio bars" to the left of the file name are moving.
- After the first song finishes, the second song becomes active, the counter resets to 0, and the "audio bars" next to the name of the 2nd files are now moving. However, the counter is stuck at 0 and the song does not play. It will stay like this indefinitely.
- I then press the pause/play button once (the audio bars stop moving) and then again (the song starts to play normally).

If I have a 3rd song in my playlist, the same behavior happens when transitioning from the 2nd to 3rd song.

Replicated with exactly the same effect many times. This may be a different problem.
Another bit of information: Over the weekend I migrated from a DS213+ to a DS216+II and the problem remains -- Audio station still only plays one song at a time.
Synology RT1900AC
Synology DS216+II

zortapa
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by zortapa » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:50 pm

In case a Synology technician is lurking, here is another piece of the puzzle. When I use the iPhone DS Audio app, multiple songs play consecutively just as desired. It is only when I open Audio Station through DSM using a computer browser (Firefox) that playback stops after each song.

zortapa wrote:
zortapa wrote:Here are the details:

Another bit of information: Over the weekend I migrated from a DS213+ to a DS216+II and the problem remains -- Audio station still only plays one song at a time.
Synology RT1900AC
Synology DS216+II

fotizimo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by fotizimo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:41 pm

zortapa wrote:In case a Synology technician is lurking, here is another piece of the puzzle. When I use the iPhone DS Audio app, multiple songs play consecutively just as desired. It is only when I open Audio Station through DSM using a computer browser (Firefox) that playback stops after each song.
I can confirm that on my Windows 10 device, on all browsers I open Audio Station from, the app will only play a single track. While from the DS Audio Station apps on my idevices, they continue to automatically play the next song without having to create a queue.

I just tried to migrate away from Plex, but have to admit, this is a ridiculously stupid bug to be hitting for something as trivial as an audio player app. These are the kind of small "lack of attention" issues that make me truly rethink my next NAS purchase. Buying a Synology won't be guaranteed at this point.

tb123
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by tb123 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:11 am

I've got the same problem on my Galaxy S7 and DS Audio app, plays 2 tracks then stops.
Kinda frustrating.

edit: I should add, that it only does it on Android using my home WiFi network.
All my iOS devices using DS Audio on the same network work ok, and my S7 works fine if using it remotely via mobile data / quick connect to access the NAS.

So the issue, for me, is Android DS Audio APP on a Galaxy S7 using my home Wi-Fi network. (DS916+ is connected via 2 x bonded gigabit LAN)
DS916+, UniFi USG, 16 port PoE switch and 4 x AP’s, some Windows, Mac, Android and iDevices

ds7771
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by ds7771 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Note that the problem is due to the HTML5 audio player in web browsers. If you are using Safari on a Mac, this problem will persist. Chrome browser does not have this problem.

Fortunately, Synology provides some flexibility to select the audio player, although it is somewhat buried. You can force Synology not to use HTML5 by going into the "settings" menu within Audio Station. Within the "options" tab you must de-select the box "Use HTML5 player if possible". This has the effect of bypassing the HTML5 limitations inherent with Safari browser.

zortapa
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by zortapa » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:31 pm

ds7771 wrote:Note that the problem is due to the HTML5 audio player in web browsers. If you are using Safari on a Mac, this problem will persist. Chrome browser does not have this problem.

Fortunately, Synology provides some flexibility to select the audio player, although it is somewhat buried. You can force Synology not to use HTML5 by going into the "settings" menu within Audio Station. Within the "options" tab you must de-select the box "Use HTML5 player if possible". This has the effect of bypassing the HTML5 limitations inherent with Safari browser.
*** SOLVED *** (on my system)

ds7771 - Thanks for pointing out the HTML5 issue. Actually, this did not fix my problem by itself when using Firefox. Rather, I needed to de-select USE HTML5 PLAYER IF POSSIBLE, and then I also needed to change the FLASH plug-in to ALWAYS ACTIVATE (rather than ASK TO ACTIVATE which seems to be the default setting).

So, to summarize, the following two settings now let me continuously play music using the Firefox browser:
a. Ensure that the AUDIO STATION option setting for USE HTML5 PLAYER IF POSSIBLE is >>UNCHECKED<<.
b. Ensure that the FIREFOX FLASH PLUG-IN is configured to >>ALWAYS ACTIVATE<<.
Synology RT1900AC
Synology DS216+II

Boris1976
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Boris1976 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:30 am

The same problem here. Tried everything mentioned above. Nothing helped me. On Android devices runs as it should. Also if I run Audio Station from DSM and play on computer internal speakers. The only problem is when I run Audio Station from DSM and play on my network speaker Bose SoundTouch 30.

Configuration:
DS412+ (all the newest updates installed)
Bose SoundTouch 30

ber404
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by ber404 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:04 pm

Same problem with SoundTouch 20, from DS audio or AudioStation .. Did anyone solve this ?

Return to “Audio Station”