File transfer not showing up in background tasks

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
wolfman
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: File transfer not showing up in background tasks

Postby wolfman » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:09 am

Same problem on an 1812+ with the latest version of DiskStation. Synology folks, if you are listening this issue should be very easy to fix and it makes you look bad because the user thinks something is wrong when really the system is working perfectly.
AimHere
Trainee
Trainee

Postby AimHere » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:52 pm

I also have problems with the background task status disappearing. For me, it happens whenever I get logged out of the web GUI... once I log in again, the background task window and icon have vanished.

You'd think Synology's programmers could have done a check at login to see if there are any background operations in progress, and re-display the window/icon. But noooo...

At the very least, there ought to be an option somewhere in the GUI to open the background tasks window manually.

Just one of many annoyances with Synology's DSM.

(P.S. - I am still using DSM 4.3 here. If complaints are still being posted [as of Oct. 2015] then I expect the same issue affects DSM 5.x.)
SirEderf
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby SirEderf » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:30 pm

+1

same issue for me on a 1812+ and ds713.
Guys from Synology please answer
hsunmav
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby hsunmav » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:56 am

bump. I'm having the same issue. Just got a DS216+ii, with 2 4TB drives. Trying to transfer 1TB of files. Multiple times it would start the transfer and status would disappear I ended up trying to restart multiple times, but now I'm not sure what's overwritten and what's not. Logging out and back in didn't do it for me. How can i check if the transfer is still going on? I only got 10GB of 900GB transferred.

Anyone come up with a fix yet? I'm on the latest firmware.

Return to “File Station”