TV doesn't update automatically videos in folder

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
ehive
I'm New!
I'm New!

TV doesn't update automatically videos in folder

Postby ehive » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:53 pm

Hello,

I just purchased a diskstation and all is good and dandy and I would like to keep it simple and not install plex or other apps for media. I have a "Smart TV" and it picked up instantly the folder available which was made from the installation, I've added 3 videos in the "Video" folder which was created by the initial install and all is good. But if I add more videos to the "videos" folder the TV doesn't update the list or the diskstation doesn't show that there ware videos added to that particular folder. Is there a way to hard update that folder or a setting that tells the diskstation to send updates to the devices?? I am sure it's not from the TV because if i navigate to the folders on my computer i can see files that have been recently added. The model is a DS115J

Thank you, any help or tips is appreciated.
sjeph8je
Enlightened
Enlightened

Re: TV doesn't update automatically videos in folder

Postby sjeph8je » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:43 am

Hi,
maybe read the manual, search the forum?
Control Panel > Indexing Service > Media Indexing, press re-index
Synology DS-916+ | DSM 6.1.3-15152-8 | 2 x WD40EFRX (RAID1-btrfs) | 2 x WD10EFRX (RAID1-btrfs)
  • Startech S3510SMU33 | WD20EFRX (ext-4)
Synology DS-213J | DSM 6.1.3-15152-8 | 2 x WD5000AAKS (RAID0-ext4) (Testing, Download Station)
Synology DS-209 (DS211j modded) | DSM 6.1.3-15152-8 | 2 x WD20EFRX (RAID1-ext4) (Remote backup)
Synology DS-209 (DS211j modded) | DSM 6.2 beta | 1 x WD20EARS (Resurrected as TestStation)

Corruption wears infinite disguises.

Return to “File Station”