I believe what I'm describing here are only symptoms, and not the problem itself. It goes as follows:
Starting point: I transferred some files from an old hard drive onto my NAS. It so happens these files were on what used to be the boot drive for an OS X machine, which "died". The file system was still readable after extraction of the drive, so I thought it was smart to save files of importance.
- Multiple grouped "Bad sector was found on disk." messages every time I try to open File Station on the web interface (using Chrome 60)
- When I open the File Station, I get an error saying "There is no shared folder available" (this despite that I have several setup and enabled.
- I started running an extended S.M.A.R.T. test, and 24h in it seems stuck at 90%. I don't know how to interpret this information.
- I'm connected to my NAS via smb from my mac (Late 2016 13" MBP), and all of my folders show up and are navigable without any issue
- All my other apps (Video Station, DS audio, etc.) are available and function perfectly fine
Any help would be appreciated!