Migrate WD MyCloud to Synology

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Kenn.Devine
I'm New!
I'm New!

Migrate WD MyCloud to Synology

Postby Kenn.Devine » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:17 pm

I have a Western Digital My Cloud drive connected to a GigE switch. My new Synology DS716+II DiskStation is also connected to the same GigE switch. I can map drives to both devices and migrate the data from the WD device to the DiskStation. I would much prefer to have the DiskStation pull the data directly from the My Cloud without use of a Windows workstation.

I cannot seem to make a connection from the DiskStation directly to the WD My Cloud without using Windows as the intermediary. Is this possible? What do I need to do to make this happen?

Kind regards.
HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Re: Migrate WD MyCloud to Synology

Postby HarryPotter » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:43 pm

File Station - Tools - Mount Remote Folder
*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS718+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7 / ST4000VN000-2AH166 / 16 GB RAM
DS713+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7 / HD501LJ + HD502IJ (RAID0)
DS415+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7

2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

APC Smart UPS SUA750i

Return to “File Station”