Url shortcut from desktop to DS416

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
davephx
I'm New!
I'm New!

Url shortcut from desktop to DS416

Postby davephx » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:38 am

Newbie here. Been searching something very basic for hours here and Google.

I want to save url shortcut to DS416 (using Chrome Win 10). Easy to drag url to desktop. However if either drag and drop or upload to NAS via File Station it shows the link but will not directly open it. Will only download it and then I can open the url link.

Is there a way to open the url directly from the DS416? Thanks
nukemaster
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Url shortcut from desktop to DS416

Postby nukemaster » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:34 pm

Would it be acceptable to just create shortcuts to the files in the shares on the NAS?

It would just be a matter of setting up your File Services in DSM. Make sure you use a good username/password and set your permissions.

Once down you can navigate your NAS by simply typing \\NAS-NAME\ then go creating your shortcuts.

Please note that some programs do not run well off of network drives.

You can also create individual shortcuts just like you normally would in Windows. Right click an empty spot and select New -> Shortcut then use the \\NAS-NAME\Share\Program

Here is an example image.

Return to “File Station”