Certificate problems

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
crp0499
I'm New!
I'm New!

Certificate problems

Postby crp0499 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:57 am

I am renewing my self signed cert on my File Station and I'm getting an error that there is no Subject Alternative Name.

I logged into the file station, went to Security, Certificate and created a CSR. In the common name, I entered synology.mydomain.com and I downloaded the CSR.

Once submitted to my CA, I get the cert downloaded, add it using the cert and the key and it installs fine and it is my default cert.

However, when I browse to the device, I get a cert error that there is no subject alternative name. I'm pretty sure I entered that in the common name field and the CSR provides no other place to enter a SAN.

When I view the cert, there is no SAN name in there.

What step am I missing?

Thanks

Cliff
Konbanwa
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Certificate problems

Postby Konbanwa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:18 pm

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Any solutions here?
sincarne
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Certificate problems

Postby sincarne » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:17 pm

Use lets encrypt and fill in SAN when create

Return to “File Station”