This action is not supported

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
a_c_skinner
I'm New!
I'm New!

This action is not supported

Postby a_c_skinner » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:49 pm

With apologies if this is a repeat, but I have searched on here and the www.

I am making backup copies of my data from time to time with the filestation "copy to/move to" feature. It usually works, but sometimes not. There seems no immediate pattern. The error message is always failed to copy "home/data/folder" This action is not supported. Today it worked with one big folder (1Tb) but failed with another smaller (100Mb) folder to the same USB disk, plenty of space, formatted to EXT4. It only seems to fail when skip copying a folder into a destination that already has much of the data in it, so I am looking to only copy new files. I could use GRsync but that would be much slower as it would be at network not usb 3 speed. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Andrew
Ravezz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: This action is not supported

Postby Ravezz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:08 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem. 3TB HDD, formatted as ext4, connected through USB 3.0 to my DS415+. I get "failed to copy/move etc. This action is not supported".

Permissions to usbshare, folders and subfolders are set read/write for admins.

I will try to access the drive through windows using http://www.paragon-drivers.com/extfs-windows/ which was mentioned in other post.

Keep you posted.

Return to “File Station”