Sharing File Links error message: "Unable to download files(s)."

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
syno.dustin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Re: Sharing File Links error message: "Unable to download files(s)."

Postby syno.dustin » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:26 pm

TylerDurden wrote:
syno.dustin wrote:I wanted to see what all of the hubbub was about so I tested this.

GoFile redirect to open port [QuickConnect->Open port]: Works fine
DDNS [No QuickConnect]: Works fine
QuickConnect without any ports open: Also worked.

If it's intermittently failing I'm guessing it's a QuickConnect server issue. I would recommend opening the HTTPS DSM port and trying that so it's not relying on anything but your NAS and your network.

I've been testing this on and off today and it appears to be working correctly but I would've expected that if this was an intermittent issue with the QC servers for the gofile.me service then there would be lots of issues being reported regarding people connecting via QuickConnect or the status of the servers would've changed recently (https://www.synology.com/en-us/support/SynologyService)

If anyone is having issues using this without using direct port forwarding then it will be worth going through these check points: https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledg ... ickConnect

@syno.dustin - you mention in your message that you're guessing its an issue with the servers.... have the support team checked the servers?

AFAIK support doesn't have that capability as that's a completely different part of the company just like support are also not developers. They can just report issues if people create support tickets and they can verify the issue themselves.
If you need technical support please use this form: https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php
Synology does not consistently browse this forum for technical support, feature requests, or any other inquiries as it notes at the top of the page. Please use the proper channels when you need help from someone at Synology.
crcenteno
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby crcenteno » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Today is working for me.

I changed nothing.
Lozboz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Lozboz » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:20 pm

Same here. Just worked OK.

From previous post it seems a bit bizarre that Support can't check the status of the servers.
peverington
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby peverington » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:33 pm

Raised a support ticket yesterday and gave Synology remote access to my system this morning.

Not sure what they have done but my links seem to be working OK now :-)
syno.dustin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby syno.dustin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:22 pm

Lozboz wrote:Same here. Just worked OK.

From previous post it seems a bit bizarre that Support can't check the status of the servers.

They have to ask the headquarters in Taiwan who then has to task the team that handles those servers. Support are not the ones who maintain these servers. If there's something persistently wrong then they get notified of it but in this case there doesn't seem to be an ongoing issue.
If you need technical support please use this form: https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php
Synology does not consistently browse this forum for technical support, feature requests, or any other inquiries as it notes at the top of the page. Please use the proper channels when you need help from someone at Synology.
afranz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby afranz » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:53 am

Don't know if that is really a solution but try it out for yourself:

- delete all file share links first
- clear your browsers cache and history

try again

for me it seems to work

* Mac OS 10.12.2
** Safari 10.0.2
** Racjstation RS815+
*** DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 6
Lozboz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Lozboz » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:24 pm

From Support....

After consulting with our R&D team they confirmed that our gofile server encountered a problem last week which was resolved on the 17th December 2016.

The service has returned to normal since so you should no longer encounter issues.
ianpics
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ianpics » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:33 am

Hi
New to this 'disk station' type thing but getting similar issue with links I've sent out.
I can see them but my clients are getting a cant download image ... if I do this via my mobile network I get the same issue. I have also found certain browsers need an exception for the certificate.
Can anyone shed any light please?

Ian

Return to “File Station”