Shared folders disappeared

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
robiwan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Shared folders disappeared

Unread post by robiwan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:17 pm

After I moved a shared folder to another volume, all the existing shared folders disappeared. I can still see them in File Station, but they are empty. When I SSH into the NAS the folders are there and contain the files. I'm not sure what happened and can not create new Shared Folders neither. A lot of applications gives errors so I'm afraid the DSM installation has broken. Could this be the result of moving Shared Folders to another volume? Also, after a reboot the File Station is not running (or any other apps I installed and worked fine a day ago)

cs86
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Shared folders disappeared

Unread post by cs86 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:56 pm

Could it have something to do with permissions? I'm not that knowledgeable with networking but was just a thought.

Return to “File Station”