File Manager Not Showing Local Files

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
galanwarner
I'm New!
I'm New!

File Manager Not Showing Local Files

Postby galanwarner » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:41 am

In File Station I have "Browse files from local computer" checked, however no matter which browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE) I use, I'm unable to see this system's (W10) files. I've seen some other references to Java issues, however I have the latest Java in IE, but I can't see local files from there, either. Is there a way I can see everything from Windows Explorer instead, or a way to make it work from File Manager in one of those browsers?
galanwarner
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: File Manager Not Showing Local Files

Postby galanwarner » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:44 pm

Update to this: I finally was able to get File Station to see my local files through IE, with the latest Java update. It wasn't showing them at first, but when I returned from some errands, there they were (showing). File Station still doesn't show local files through Chrome, but at least I understand that now and can just plan to use IE for my management activities, although I would prefer being able to do simple file management between this computer and the NAS using File Explorer. Something tells me there's a way to do that, so I'll check out the documentation some more, but any guidance would be welcome.

Return to “File Station”