[CS407] Firmware upgrade issue (from 459 to 518)

All questions, comments, discussion about firmware 518 can be placed here. Please place regular support questions in one of the subjects below.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
MrKayMrKay
I'm New!
I'm New!

[CS407] Firmware upgrade issue (from 459 to 518)

Postby MrKayMrKay » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi Gang,

As a follow up to my folder deletion issue I tried to upgrade to the latest firmware for my CS407.

I uploaded the latest .pat file from the official web site, stopped every running services, restart the NAS then logged back as root.

I choosed the file from the firmware upgrade page then launch the procedure. It started to uplod the file to the NAS end the process went on and on for a cery long time before receiving an errorr message saying that the file is wrong.

I also tried to activate telnet, but I was not able to upload the file to the server, the process never finishes...

Thanks in advance for your help
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby Franklin » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am

If you are using Safari, please apply your update using Firefox or Internet Explorer.

If you are using StuffIt, please look here

Please post a complete screen shot of your desktop if your attempts to upgrade fail with the above suggestions.

Please ensure that you are using the firmware which is for your system, which is located here

Hope this helps
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews
MrKayMrKay
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby MrKayMrKay » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi Franklin,

I did the upgrade using Firefox.

All went fine!

Thanks for your help

Return to “Firmware 518 for x07, x06, DS-101j Models”