Synology Released Firmware v.0518 and Opened SSH Service ...

All questions, comments, discussion about firmware 518 can be placed here. Please place regular support questions in one of the subjects below.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Synology Released Firmware v.0518 and Opened SSH Service ...

Postby Franklin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:56 pm

Synology Released Firmware v.0518 and Opened SSH Service for Its NAS Products

Taipei, Taiwan—November 12, 2007—Synology today released the firmware update v.0518 and the SSH patch for its x07 and x06 series products. This firmware v.0518 provides users with the capability of enabling SSH and NFS service on their Synology Products. It also has fixed the backup files corruption issue reported in firmware v.0514. This release is applicable to models: RS407, RS-406, CS407, CS407e, CS-406, CS-406e, DS207+, DS207, DS107+, DS107, DS107e, DS-106, DS-106e, DS-106j, and DS-101j.

Users who wish to turn the SSH service on should upgrade their Synology Product to firmware v.0518, then apply a separated SSH patch. The SSH patch unleashes the power of Linux while the users can still enjoy all of the benefits built into Synology Product. "Accompanying with Rsync functions, IT professionals have greater flexibility when integrating Synology Product with their backup plan," said Edward Lin, Synology's Product Manager. "The Rsync server can be either a Windows or Linux platform, running the Rsync Service. Furthermore, power users can now develop their own scripts files to run their own batched backup jobs."

After upgrading to v.0518, Synology Product will be NFS-ready. Following the instructions stated in the v.0518 release notes, users will be able to enable the NFS service and manage their Synology Product in a method they are more familiar with.

To acquire the update v.0518 and SSH patch, please visit:

http://www.synology.com/enu/support/download.php
Last edited by Franklin on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby Franklin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:00 pm

Wikis
NFS Wiki
SSH Wiki

Mirrors
Synology America Mirror
HarryPotter's Mirror
Special thanks to HarryPotter for hosting an alternative Mirror

Note:
The primary download server appears to be at maximum capacity at the moment, please try your download later time, or select an alternate mirror to use. Sorry for any inconvenience.

**Upgrading notes/suggestions**
Suggestions to ensure a trouble free upgrade
*Please make sure that you backed up all data before executing the upgrade; while it is not designed to affect your data, this is a good safety measure.
*Remove all peripherals connected to the Synology product before executing the upgrade
*Perform a restart of the server before applying the upgrade patch
*Some users have reported an "out of memory" error when applying the upgrade file, this can be resolved by restarting the server and/or disabling all network services (web, ftp, multimedia, etc) and disabling jumbo frames
**Franklin is not available**

**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**

Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists

Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images

Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station

Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program

Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Re: Synology Released Firmware v.0518 and Opened SSH Service ...

Postby HarryPotter » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:16 am

My mirror is (hopefully only temporary) unavailable.

Cyon, hoster of my webspace, has blocked it and afterwards ( :!: ) written a mail to me demanding a comment about this files (delivering an ultimatum of 24 hours)
And this after I had this mirror since last summer...... without any nite from them.

They accuse me to violate their policies :?:

I'll give you further informations as soon as available.

thx for understanding

wir haben festgestellt, dass Ihr Server mkessler.net unsere AGB verletzt.

Grund:
Im Ordner /home/mkessler/public_html/synology befinden sich Daten, die für die Freischaltung gewisser Services an NAS-Geräten dient.

Damit verstossen Sie theoretisch gegen Punkt 3.1 unserer AGB (http://www.cyon.ch/agb.php).

Wir möchten Sie hiermit bitten, uns innert 24 Stunden eine Stellungnahme zukommen zu lassen.

EDIT: OK, its back for the moment...
*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS718+ / DSM 6.2-23511 / ST4000VN000-2AH166 / SA400S37120G SSD cache /16 GB RAM
DS415+ / DSM 6.2-23511

LMS 7.9.1-166, 2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

APC Smart UPS SUA750i

Return to “Firmware 518 for x07, x06, DS-101j Models”