Release date definite firmware '515'?

Test out the highly anticipated 514/515 firmware, for all x06 models, and the DS-101j
hoorna
Beginner
Beginner

Release date definite firmware '515'?

Postby hoorna » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:21 am

Hi Franklin,

Can you tell us the date on which Synology has planned to release the definite firmware version 515 for the DS-106. On this moment there is 'only' a bete-release.

I'd like to say that I am very happy that Synology makes new firmware availbale for equipment that is out of production!!!! I hope that Synology will continu this strategy in the future!

greetings,
mischaq
Versed
Versed

Postby mischaq » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:26 pm

I support this too - that's very important to me: So please go on keeping the DS 101j up to date.
Thanks
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby Franklin » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:53 pm

A specific date cannot be given because of

A) If we miss the date, then our anxious users and this community will feel betrayed, that we let them down and missed the target date.
B) If we do make the target date, that's great; however since we rushed our RD team to make the product by a specific date, it will not be at the quality we wish it to be, which may results in multiple system stability issues--> which then results in our anxious users and community to feel betrayed and that we've let them down and gave them unstable firmware.

However, it does appear that a release of firmware 517 should be available for all x06, x07, and the DS-101j probably within the next couple of weeks, pending the outcome and evaluation by our development team. Please sign up for Synology eNews (sig link) so you may receive an email when the new firmware is released.
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews
triad
Novice
Novice

Postby triad » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:26 am

Franklin wrote:However, it does appear that a release of firmware 517 should be available for all x06, x07...

I would be happy to upgrade my DS106e and CS407 :lol:
So take the needed time to release a firmware with a good quality. I prefer an delayed release than more than a firmware with bugs.

You all do a good job! Thank you.
Mike
DS1515+, DS111, DS216j, DS211j, CS407
hoorna
Beginner
Beginner

Postby hoorna » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:11 am

Hi Franklin,

Thank you very much for your clear and quick answer. From my own experience I know that the production of bugfree software takes a lot of time. It was not my intention to hurry.

Now we known that version 517 is coming soon; apparantly speaking in weeks and not in months. For me this information is fair enough.

And thank you for you service and never ending patience with us.
dmmueller
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dmmueller » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:43 am

Hi Franklin,

Thanks for the update. Just curious, but is there a list of what is being addressed in 517?

Thanks

Return to “Beta: Firmware 515 for x06, and DS-101j”