Upgraded to 462 - hibernation no longer working

Questions/Comments about firmware 462 for the DS101j, DS106e, and DS106 may be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
pistebasher
I'm New!
I'm New!

Upgraded to 462 - hibernation no longer working

Unread post by pistebasher » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:26 am

I have two 101j's which I just upgraded to firmware 0462 from previous version (385? I think). Hibernation was working fine on both of them but now does not, nothing else on the network has changed.

Each 101j has a fixed IP, router is a Billion MyGuard with uPNP enabled. There is an HP all-in-one on the network. One of the 101j's has a Maxtor external USB drive attached. The firmware "upgrade" appears to be irreversible :roll:

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

pistebasher
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by pistebasher » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:07 am

I guess that I'm the only one with this problem then? I'll try support :(

pistebasher
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by pistebasher » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:21 pm

I've found that by switching one of the DS101j's off the other one will go into hibernation after the set (10 min) period. Does this suggest a cause to anyone?

Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by Franklin » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:59 pm

Greetings pistebasher

Sorry for missing your post; since you have already reported your dilemma to our engineering teaml; it would be best to have our engineers respond to your questions

At this time, we've discovered that with firmwares 42x to 46x, we've found that certain USB enclosures do not behave will with our system, with regards to hibernation. This usually results in either drive not hibernating, or causing the system to hang. To this end, we are modifying our USB hibernation in the upcoming Beta Release 49x, which should remedy your situation.

However, I would suggest let our engineering team handle your ticket to identify what is root cause of your hibernating dilemma.
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

pistebasher
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by pistebasher » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:34 pm

Franklin - thanks for your reply. I noticed when switching the DS that I had switched off back on that sometimes it would fail to boot and error with " no system installed" whereas other times it would boot OK. So I reset and re-setup that DS and now all is well :D

Looks like the firmware patch hadn't installed properly :?: Thanks again.

Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by Franklin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:24 am

That's good to hear that your system is operational.
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images

cinebob
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by cinebob » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:36 am

Hello,

I've read on an other topic, that Synology, is working on a new firmware about the NAT problem and a fonction to desactivate it. Could there also be possible to add a fonction to desactivate the usb hibernation (not the hard hibernation). Because some of my usb drive don't hibernate since this fonction has been added.
Or if there a way to desactivate it via telnet.

Thanks

Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by Franklin » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:16 am

cinebob-

Yes, this ability has been added to firmware beta 494, which is currently available for the x07 series. The x06 firmware is currently under evaluation, however you may learn about the new goodies of firmware 494 here

http://www.synology.com/enu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3934

cinebob
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by cinebob » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:47 pm

Thank you!!!

I hope it will be soon!

Return to “Firmware 462 for DS101j and DS106 Series”