Torrent Seeding issue resolved in the 462 firmware version?

Questions/Comments about firmware 462 for the DS101j, DS106e, and DS106 may be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

With no seeding capabilities the download station cannot be stated as a torrent client.

Poll ended at Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:38 pm

I agree
92%
I disagree
8%

Total votes: 12

eturfboer
Student
Student

Torrent Seeding issue resolved in the 462 firmware version?

Unread post by eturfboer » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:38 pm

Hello all,

I was wondering about an issue being resolved in the new 462 firmware version. I updated my 106e, I must say, the download via the browser is good work! If you forward the port through your router, you even can acces your downloads from anywhere in the world. However, whilst it is not in the fixed part of the firware version I was wondering, if en when the issue of not being able to seed (after completion) of torrents will be resolved. I find it wrong that, one of the fundamental parts of the bittorrent idea/network cannot be used inside the product. What I am trying to say is that unless this (major) issue is resolved, in my opion the download station cannot state that it is an torrent client.

With greetings,
Eddie Turfboer.

balicito
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by balicito » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:44 am

????????????????

eturfboer
Student
Student

Unread post by eturfboer » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:22 pm

balicito wrote:????????????????
About what?

wwwh355
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by wwwh355 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:15 pm

Maybe the spelling?
Long story short.
Guy above think a BT client should be able to seed, otherwise it is NOT a BT client!!!

Return to “Firmware 462 for DS101j and DS106 Series”