Beta Updates for 406 Series?

Questions/Comments with firmware 462 can be placed here.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Carl
Novice
Novice

Beta Updates for 406 Series?

Unread post by Carl » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:59 pm

When, if ever, will the new features being offered for the 407 series be offered for the 406 series? Surely Synology doesn't expect me to change my hardware each year to get access to software updates?

HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Unread post by HarryPotter » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:02 pm

You are right, they cant expect that, and they dont - but at least they can expect that users just read a little, very little bit in the forum before asking a question that has been asked and answered about 5342 times... or more :twisted:
http://www.synology.com/enu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4562
*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS718+ / DSM 6.2-23511 / ST4000VN000-2AH166 / SA400S37120G SSD cache /16 GB RAM
DS415+ / DSM 6.2-23511

LMS 7.9.1-166, 2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

APC Smart UPS SUA750i

Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by Franklin » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Sigh..... :cry:
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

Carl
Novice
Novice

Useless Post By Harry Potter

Unread post by Carl » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:44 am

Your useless reply is a worst wast of bandwidth than my question.

Get a life.

ikeke
Seasoned
Seasoned

Unread post by ikeke » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:51 am

Carl wrote:Your useless reply is a worst wast of bandwidth than my question.

Get a life.
Maybe he is just bored of seeing always the same question because of people not looking for answer before asking a question...

Your question has been answered several times. Official answer is here: http://www.synology.com/enu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4562

Keep in mind that respect is important in this forum...as anywhere else...
CS-407 | HD Model: 4x Samsung HD501LJ 500GB Raid5
DS-1513+ | HD Model: 2x Seagate LP 1.5 TB + 2x Seagate LP 2 TB
http://www.nas-forum.com - Communauté Française des utilisateurs de NAS Synology

launter
Novice
Novice

Unread post by launter » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:41 pm

I don't think the first reply had a particularly respectful tone to it, was more flippant than anything and when one is looking for firmware/software for ones device then unsurprisingly they tend to look in the forum that corrosponds to their machine. Not eveyone spends half their life on these forums. Even from the search engine the answer to this question isn't immediately obvious.

Also, why on earth is the answer to this question entitled "Firmware updates for DS-101j and x06 models" in the "Firmware 510 for x07 Series" forum page. It would have been much more useful to put it as a sticky in the forum it corresponded to. i've just asked the same question myself before I saw this post. Maybe (actually not maybe) the question wouldn't be asked so often if the moderators had the brains to post the information more effectively.
DS411
DS212

Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by Franklin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:14 am

launter wrote:Also, why on earth is the answer to this question entitled "Firmware updates for DS-101j and x06 models" in the "Firmware 510 for x07 Series" forum page. It would have been much more useful to put it as a sticky in the forum it corresponded to. i've just asked the same question myself before I saw this post. Maybe (actually not maybe) the question wouldn't be asked so often if the moderators had the brains to post the information more effectively.
???

As stated earlier, this question was asked and answered several times all over the forum, but I did make a sticky for the 462 forum. I will not make any more stickies in other parts of the forum, as it clutters to the forum...and makes it spamtastic.

Also, the pattern of forum activity revealed that most x06 users were looking in the new firmware updates for the x07 series to learn more about the x06 series.
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

dsmart
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by dsmart » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:31 pm

Maybe this is the correct place to ask this, but will the new x06 firmware have a fix for the hibernation issue? I looked at the release notes for the Beta and didn't see anything about it. Sorry if I missed it.

Return to “Firmware 462 for 207 and 40x systems”