Two HDs failing

Questions/Comments with firmware 462 can be placed here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
weblog
Trainee
Trainee

Postby weblog » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:06 pm

I have a similar problem:

I use 4 x WDC WD4000YS in CS-406.
After Firmware upgrade to 462 and enable hibernation, the cs-406 worked fin for about 12 Days.
On Sunday I got this messages:

- Volume [1] was degrade, please repair it.
- Internal disk [4] was defective.

On Monday Morning I change the Disk with a identical one. Started the rebuild and after about 6h the Volume1 was fine, no errors.
Now about 24hours later I get following message:

- Volume [1] was degrade, please repair it.
- Internal disk [4] was defective.

The old 'defective disk' from Monday I put it in a pc and run the WD DataLifeGuard 11.2 = > Disk has no problem!!!

Now I switched off the box and after my holidays I'll talk to my local dealer to take back this unreliable box.
Butch
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Butch » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:51 pm

I have tried different settings to locate the problem but with no success. The only thing I discovered is that when the box has failed and I shut it down with the power button the box reboots the next time with the volume enabled without errors. When I use the reboot/shutdown option on the cs management web page the unit starts up with a failed array.

I also see strange reboots in the log. They are not user initiated and are not caused by power surges since my cs is located in an ups protected data center.

At first I thought it had something to do with large file transfers but this week the unit failed at noon. At that time there were no connections and there was no activity at all (the box is only used for nightly backups).

I am out of ideas so I just submitted a support request to Synology.

Regards,

Rene
Seattle
Rookie
Rookie

Any new ideas?

Postby Seattle » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:26 am

Any new ideas?
Have the same Problem all 10 Weeks...
I´ve lost second times my data... :cry:

SEA
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby Franklin » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:25 am

Seattle-

Please disable hibernation; and if your volume is crash/degraded, please contact our online support team so we can analyze your system.
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

Return to “Firmware 462 for 207 and 40x systems”