Windows 10 and Microsoft-Account

All questions regarding using our system with Windows XP, Vista, 7 may go here.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
datobi2k
I'm New!
I'm New!

Windows 10 and Microsoft-Account

Unread post by datobi2k » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:02 pm

Hi,

I'm experiencing a weird behavior with my DS414. I recently installed Windows 10 Technical Preview. Yes I know, it's still beta.
My DS is running quite well and with a local account I have absolutely no problems. But when I connect my Microsoft-Account to use Apps and OneDrive etc. I cannot connect to the DS anymore. While trying to open \\DiskStation\Share in File Explorer I get the error message: "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated". The message appears immediately after pressing enter. Also trying to do a "net use z: \\DiskStation\Share" from command prompt is giving me the same error message.
When I switch to a local user-account (even if 2 accounts are logged in at the same time) The local account is able to connect to the DS without an issue.

I already tried to
- add a DS-User to the Windows Credential Store - no luck
- connect to IP instead of Hostname - no luck
- use a different useraccount to connect with "net use /user:" - no luck
- change the LAN Manager authentication level to LM&NTLM... in local security policies - no luck
- reinstalled Windows 10 March Release - no luck

Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 machines are also running well.

Can anyone confirm such a behavior of current Win10 release?
Has anyone another ideas where to digg for a resolution?

Best regards
Tobias

ubik70
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Windows 10 and Microsoft-Account

Unread post by ubik70 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:20 pm

I have been on the Window 10 Preview for I while, and can not connect to the web administrator (IE/Firefox/Chrome). I can look at the samba site, but as soon as you browse to a directory with a file in, file explorer hangs.

DS-213j

archalien
Novice
Novice

Unread post by archalien » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:20 am

I can confirm the OP's error, worked fine for a while, updated to 10049, updating drivers and such, then it quit working with this error....

ead
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by ead » Fri May 01, 2015 3:30 pm

I confirm I am experiencing the same behavior with the Windows 10 Preview Build 10074

Dmitry_N
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Dmitry_N » Mon May 25, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi,

Same here. Even with the latest 10122 build.

I was only able to see Diskstation and log on after the Windows installation finished. After the 1st reboot and until now, I no longer see my NAS. I've tried every possible tweak/hack I found on the net already :(

Has anyone found a solution so far, guys?

WoodenMan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by WoodenMan » Sat May 30, 2015 2:14 am

Hi, on my 2 x Win 10 computers the fix was to enable 'SMB V3' on the Synology.

On your DiskStation - Got to 'Control Panel\File services\Under 'Windows file service' Select 'Advanced settings' and then select 'Enable SMB 3' from 'Max protocol for Windows file service:

"Enable NetBios over TCP/IP" in your Windows 'Internet Protocol V4/TCP IP', which looks to have worked for others did not fix this for me.

dceightfive
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by dceightfive » Sat May 30, 2015 9:03 am

Thanks WoodenMan, but that only works for people using a local user account, it still does not work when signing in using a microsoft account.

archalien
Novice
Novice

Unread post by archalien » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:09 am

fast ring update yo 10130 and it works again, this build has plenty of its own issues ugh, but this works again with no config on my part, using my live-id sign-in. will report is i see a failure occur.

WoodenMan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by WoodenMan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:45 am

dceightfive wrote:Thanks WoodenMan, but that only works for people using a local user account, it still does not work when signing in using a microsoft account.
Do you use the 'Microsoft Account' to authenticate against the Synology for your mapped drives / access to it? I only have Microsoft accounts now but have Synology users for mapped drives.

TONYFL
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by TONYFL » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:31 am

archalien wrote:fast ring update yo 10130 and it works again, this build has plenty of its own issues ugh, but this works again with no config on my part, using my live-id sign-in. will report is i see a failure occur.
interesting. I'm on the same build on my MS account and I can access my NAS via file explorer. Only FTP.

Wonder what setting you have on your NAS that I don't.

This is really annoying. Hope there is a fix soon.

mtjerneld
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by mtjerneld » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Ok, so I solved this.

My situation:
- Windows 10 Build 10130
- Not using a local account (using a Azure AD corporate account, which probably will be similar to using a Microsoft Account in this case)
- Enabled NETBIOS in IPV4-settings (didn't solve it on it's own, but is most likely needed)

My solution:
- Launch the "Credential Manager" in Windows 10 (search for it in the start menu)
- Open "Windows Credentials"
- Click "Add a Windows credential"
- Internet or Network Address: \\servername (replace with the Netbios-name of your cloudstation, or use IP)
- User name: servername\username (replace with netbios-name and the username you are connecting with)
- Password: Self-explanitory

Hope it works for you!

csimmo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by csimmo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:59 pm

As I posted in another thread:

In my experience, I changed to SMB3, cleared the SMB cache , logged on to the NAS (DS415play) with workgroup\{username}

Don't know which one fixed it, but didn't have to change any of the windows 10 settings.
What is weird though is that it was working on SMB1 for a short time.

EDIT: I can confirm that both these changes are needed, but work on the NAS units I have access to. RS815+, DS415play on DSM 5.2

donutzzz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by donutzzz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:43 am

I can confirmed that mtjerneld's solution is working!

bintang2
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by bintang2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:46 pm

Thanks a lot, mtjerneld, your solution works for me too!

In fact, after a failed attempt to map a network drive, there already was a Windows Credential to my disk station. The only thing I had to do was to change username into servername\username.

(Windows 10 TP 10.130, Disk Station 212+)

archalien
Novice
Novice

Unread post by archalien » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:34 am

I'm on RTM 10240 now, and it works w/o change after I applied a couple post upgrade security updates.
not sure what is going on here, this happened before w/ previous builds where it was broken in one build worked in the next then broke again....

Oddly after the upgrade to rtm I check it and it failed, but then did some windows security updates, reboots and tested again and it just worked....???

Something else has got to be going on here...???

Return to “Windows OS”