My 101j has disappeared from the windows network

All questions regarding using our system with Windows XP, Vista, 7 may go here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Svuppe
Student
Student

My 101j has disappeared from the windows network

Postby Svuppe » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:16 pm

Hi. I have just upgraded from 428 to 462, and now I can't see my diskstation in the network list anymore. If I access it directly by typing "\\diskstation\some_share" it does come up, so Samba is running.

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. It did work fine with firmware 428. Has something changed in the new firmware, in relation to this?
Svuppe
Student
Student

Postby Svuppe » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:28 pm

Sorry guys. False alarm.
It was just Vista, that for some reason was very slow in discovering what was on the network. It has now found the diskstation, as well as my router (which also wasn't found before). I don't know why, as it instantly could see itself and my network printer.
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby Franklin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:28 pm

Topic moved to Windows Vista
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

Return to “Windows OS”