Mapped drive re-connect time

All questions regarding using our system with Windows XP, Vista, 7 may go here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
birarda
I'm New!
I'm New!

Mapped drive re-connect time

Postby birarda » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:07 pm

I have a DS416j at home. It's connected to the router and a Windows 10 machine on the network uses it for Plex and Crashplan (both on the Windows machine).

Both Plex and Crashplan have a similar issue that I assume is related to disk hibernation. With Plex, often when I click on an item Plex will spin and never load it. I then have to go back and select it again at which point it loads immediately.

With Crashplan, it continues to undercount what it needs to backup unless I force it to check the selected drives once I've manually browsed the network mapped drive to ensure that it is woken up.

Is there any way to avoid the above without disabling hibernation all together?

Return to “Windows OS”