SMB: users keep locking files - slow open in internet explorer

All questions regarding using our system with Windows XP, Vista, 7 may go here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
PEEN
I'm New!
I'm New!

SMB: users keep locking files - slow open in internet explorer

Postby PEEN » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:21 am

Model Name DS1010+
DSM 5.2-5967 Update 3

Since last patch, some Windows 7 users keep locking Excel files, In the Resource monitor/Connected users I see 2 connections for the same IP address; and I can solve the locked excel file by killing the oldest connection.
I checked already Disable Opportunistic Locking and Disable multiple connections from the same IP address. but they don't seem to do anything?

When not used the shared drive for a while, in internet explorer it takes up to a minute to open shared drives on the device.

Anyone with the same problems and found a solution?

In the company we use several other Synology diskstations type DS1513+ but they don't have the same issues.

Return to “Windows OS”