Different laptops see different folders

All questions regarding using our system with Windows XP, Vista, 7 may go here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
itchyfish
I'm New!
I'm New!

Different laptops see different folders

Postby itchyfish » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi. I am completely new to this forum and would appreciate some insight and help, please! I am also not at all tech savvy.
My partner and I store our files on the same Synology NAS on a network instead of our laptops' hard drives. This keeps all our data in the same place, and for safety, the NAS gets backed up onto a cloud store every day.
I have mapped the NAS (in File Explorer) on our laptops and pinned to start menu.
Can anyone explain why my laptop can't see her more recent folders and files when I open the link to the NAS in File Explorer , and vice versa? Yet, I can see them when I go to Synology Assistant and look at her folders from there.
It seems as though a refresh or similar process is needed to make files and folders visible, and I don't understand why this does not happen automatically. Can this be remedied?
Thank you.
sieberta
Sharp
Sharp

Re: Different laptops see different folders

Postby sieberta » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:16 pm

If you leave explorer open, sometimes it doesn't refresh. You can right click in the whitespace and click "refresh" to force it.

That is if it is just for recently created stuff... if for other stuff, might be permissions issues.

sieberta
sieberta
---------
Devices: DS415+ (2014), DS216+II (2016), DS916+ (2017)
Public Service Announcement: Please do not rely on RAID as "backup"... at minimum buy a cheap USB 3.0 HDD and use Hyper Backup...

Return to “Windows OS”