Hide #recycle folder from Windows Explorer

All questions regarding using our system with Windows XP, Vista, 7 may go here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Garconis
I'm New!
I'm New!

Hide #recycle folder from Windows Explorer

Postby Garconis » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:05 am

I am currently the only user on my NAS, and the only one on my network using it. I've mapped some of the root folders to my Windows 10 PC as networked drives (seems I have to map each root folder, as I can't write to the main NAS?).

Anyway, my concern is that the #recycle folder is showing for each of my shared/networked folders/drives. I sort of think it'd be safer/cleaner if the Recycle folder was HIDDEN when viewing the shared folder in Windows Explorer. I don't want to accidentally delete that #recycle folder (what would happen if I did)?

Plus it would just appear a little cleaner if I couldn't see that folder in Windows. If I ever needed to recover or delete those files, I would just do so through DSM.
Last edited by Garconis on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilWest
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Hide #recycle folder from Windows Explorer

Postby PhilWest » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:26 am

+1
tijl
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Hide #recycle folder from Windows Explorer

Postby tijl » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:59 pm

When this change request is considered, I'd like that this feature is implemented as an OPTIONAL feature, as I find it very user friendly that each user has it's own recycle bin that (s)he can access on his/her homeshare through explorer.

Return to “Windows OS”