"Is it possible it was moved, renamed, or deleted?" DSM 6.1-15047 Update 1

All questions regarding using our system with Windows XP, Vista, 7 may go here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
jjb2
Enlightened
Enlightened

Re: "Is it possible it was moved, renamed, or deleted?" DSM 6.1-15047 Update 1

Postby jjb2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:30 am

If you didn't already - please switch the macs to mounting the share with SMB. It does work better than AFP since the 6.1 fiasco/failure of AFP. We have 100's of mac's mounting shares in multiple locations. Using SMB has been the solution to the problem for us in getting rid of the error you describe. Oh and if you wish to roll back you will need to search the forums on how to do it. Its not hard but Synology won't support or tell you how. Just make 100% sure you have a backup first.

patharding88 wrote:Update 2 has fixed nothing for me, I'm still getting the same issues as mentioned above.

I replaced a Mac in the office with a PC thinking it was a compatibility issue before looking on the forums now they both don't work -_-

I feel like this has been going on for months and entire network is slowly becoming unusable for about 30 people.

Typical Setup:
DS +1515
DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2
MS office 2016 (Home or business)
Win 64

Issue:
The typical "it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted" when opening office files.

[Temp Fixes:]
- When downloading from the web portal (file station) the files work fine locally. People are retarded so I can't ask them to log in and download files. Even after overwriting them from the working local files to the network the files, they become inaccessible again.

- Sometimes if we save as a different format it works but then we get the same error on the new file type not long after.

Not-Workarounds
Adding the location to the Trust Center within Office may help alleviate the issue - Didn't work
Turn off the details pane in Windows - Didn't work
Open the file from within Office itself - Didn't work

Please can we get an ETA from Synology or an option to rollback the firmware.
RS810+ RS810RP+ RS812+ RS812RP+ RS814+ RS814RP+ RS815+ RS815RP+ RS2212+ RS2212RP+ RS2416+ RS2416+ RS3614XS RS3614RPXS RS3617XS RS3617XS+ RS4017XS+, | DSM4 DSM5, DSM6 | Raid 1, Raid 5, Raid 6, Raid 10, Raid 50 | CMS, HA, HYPER Backup, iScsi, Mail Server, Mail Station, SSD, VPN, Web Hosting | Petabytes of storage with 2TB, 3TB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB disks | RT1900ac, RT2600ac |
Domchapp
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Domchapp » Wed May 24, 2017 2:52 pm

jjb2 wrote:If you didn't already - please switch the macs to mounting the share with SMB. It does work better than AFP since the 6.1 fiasco/failure of AFP. We have 100's of mac's mounting shares in multiple locations. Using SMB has been the solution to the problem for us in getting rid of the error you describe. Oh and if you wish to roll back you will need to search the forums on how to do it. Its not hard but Synology won't support or tell you how. Just make 100% sure you have a backup first.

patharding88 wrote:Update 2 has fixed nothing for me, I'm still getting the same issues as mentioned above.

I replaced a Mac in the office with a PC thinking it was a compatibility issue before looking on the forums now they both don't work -_-

I feel like this has been going on for months and entire network is slowly becoming unusable for about 30 people.

Typical Setup:
DS +1515
DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2
MS office 2016 (Home or business)
Win 64

Issue:
The typical "it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted" when opening office files.

[Temp Fixes:]
- When downloading from the web portal (file station) the files work fine locally. People are retarded so I can't ask them to log in and download files. Even after overwriting them from the working local files to the network the files, they become inaccessible again.

- Sometimes if we save as a different format it works but then we get the same error on the new file type not long after.

Not-Workarounds
Adding the location to the Trust Center within Office may help alleviate the issue - Didn't work
Turn off the details pane in Windows - Didn't work
Open the file from within Office itself - Didn't work

Please can we get an ETA from Synology or an option to rollback the firmware.

Did anyone find a work around ? i have tried all that has been suggested. on the exact same DSM and im having the exact same issue. its really causing an issue.
benoliver999
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby benoliver999 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:25 pm

I don't like to necrobump threads but this is EXACTLY the issue we are having.

It's just Office docs for Windows users. Everything else works fine.

Users on Mac and Linux can open everything.

Users on Windows are in a special hell where they can see the files but can't open them in Word/Excel etc.

They cannot even copy them onto the desktop - just 'file not found' - in spite of everything showing up in explorer.

What's funny is that Chrome seems to be able to see and access the files - so people have been uploading them to email, re-downloading them then over-writing them on the server.

Seems to be random docs, can't ID a pattern for when it happens.

We did have a user connecting via AFP, but AFP was disabled a long time ago (about 12 months) and I read in the release notes for Version: 6.1-15047-2 that the issue should be fixed.

Our setup is:

DS214+
Windows 10
Office 2016
SMB 2/3

Is anyone else still having this issue?

Return to “Windows OS”