Windows Share - Incorrect Password

All questions regarding using our system with Windows XP, Vista, 7 may go here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
hshah
Apprentice
Apprentice

Windows Share - Incorrect Password

Postby hshah » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:27 am

Going from the 6.0 Beta to the current release (6.0-7321), I can no longer log onto my Windows shares. It keeps saying the password is incorrect even though it is most certainly not :(
hshah
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Windows Share - Incorrect Password

Postby hshah » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:08 am

Tried even creating a new account in the Administrators group but that too says incorrect password.

Trying via Synology Assistant and getting the same message. Logging onto DSM via the browser, WinSCP and Putty is perfectly fine though.
ptaylor
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ptaylor » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:41 am

I'm also having a problem accessing windows shares after upgrading to DSM 6.0. On my AppleTV, MrMC (a Kodi fork) can't connect to my media share anymore. It previously connected with no password, but even adding a username and password doesn't help.
thormos
I'm New!
I'm New!

Can no longer access NAS through Windows File Explorer after DSM6 update

Postby thormos » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Hello,

My windows PC stopped detecting a DS413j synology NAS after an automatic DSM6 update.

I tried adding a mapped folder through synology assistant but i get an authentication error (code 1231)
I can log in with no issues through browser.
I've got a raspberry Pi with openelec connected though NFS working perfectly

Any ideas on what should I check/modify?

Thanks a lot in advance
s_volto
Versed
Versed

Postby s_volto » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:41 am

Some clients are not compatible with SMBv3.

1) Try turning off cryptography. If it fails,
2) Downgrade to SMBv2.
Rinkin
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS1513+ not mapping to Windows 10

Postby Rinkin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:42 am

Another Server not mapping to windows 10. When i first changed over to windows 10 I was able to map all my drives no worries. Then it just stopped. have a DS1513+ on the latest DSM. I can see my DS under networks and I can access the server through DSM UI. Mapping doesn't seem to find the drives. I have tried playing with the SMB features, disabling and enabling the sc.exe protocol and changing the settings in my DS to get mapping to work but to no avail. I can start the mapping process and "browse" where the DS will show up but when I try to hit the twisty to get my folder drop down list it gives the 'a device attached to the system is not working'. Some new ideas would be great.
syno.dustin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Re: DS1513+ not mapping to Windows 10

Postby syno.dustin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:04 pm

Rinkin wrote:Another Server not mapping to windows 10. When i first changed over to windows 10 I was able to map all my drives no worries. Then it just stopped. have a DS1513+ on the latest DSM. I can see my DS under networks and I can access the server through DSM UI. Mapping doesn't seem to find the drives. I have tried playing with the SMB features, disabling and enabling the sc.exe protocol and changing the settings in my DS to get mapping to work but to no avail. I can start the mapping process and "browse" where the DS will show up but when I try to hit the twisty to get my folder drop down list it gives the 'a device attached to the system is not working'. Some new ideas would be great.

Are you mapping by IP or server name? No issues mapping by IP on multiple devices for me.
If you need technical support please use this form: https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php
Synology does not consistently browse this forum for technical support, feature requests, or any other inquiries as it notes at the top of the page. Please use the proper channels when you need help from someone at Synology.
Rinkin
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS1513+ not mapping to Windows 10

Postby Rinkin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:01 am

No love for either. My setup is a wireless network (all devices attach wireless through a NETGEAR DGND3700v2). All devices can be seen on my Desktop as well as on the router. Again, can connect to the DS using Web Assist no worries.
Just_Me
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Just_Me » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:00 am

I've been having the same problem since upgrading from DSM 5 to 6 last week on my new DS415+. No response so far on support ticket.
matthiasmeerhof
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby matthiasmeerhof » Wed May 11, 2016 11:01 am

If anyone is still running into this problem. If you clear your refrences to the shares, you can just relogin and everything works as it use to.
cirrusnas
Trainee
Trainee

Postby cirrusnas » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:29 am

I just had this - password not working trying to map a drive, even though I can login fine in a browser.
I didn't fix it in SA, but mapped a drive fine by browsing to the share in windows and logged in fine using the same credentials.
So something not right in SA?

Return to “Windows OS”