Create gofile.me share-links directly from Windows context menu

All questions regarding using our system with Windows XP, Vista, 7 may go here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
QINERA
I'm New!
I'm New!

Create gofile.me share-links directly from Windows context menu

Postby QINERA » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm happy to say that I have a Synology DS214+ and now I'm learning how to use it efficiently.

I came across a thing, that I don't seem to solve by myself. I want to create the gofile.me-share-links directly from my windows right-click context-menu. Is it possible???
At the moment I always have to login into my Synology backend, click through all the folders until I arrive to the file I want wo share.
Then I create the link and copy and paste it into my email-client.

This takes me an unnecessary effort, so it would be quite nice, if I could right-click the file I want to share in my Windows-Explorer and create the link right away :-)

Hope there is a way!

Thanks in advance for your support.

Robert
Sailormandave
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Create gofile.me share-links directly from Windows context menu

Postby Sailormandave » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:27 pm

You could try opening Windows Explorer, locating the file, right clicking it and select the <Send To> option. That then opens another sub-menu allowing you to send the file multiple ways (dropbox, email, etc.). Hope this helps.

Return to “Windows OS”