Corrupted artist/song/album name in iTunes server

All questions/comments about the DS101g+ 460 firmware may go here. Support questions may be directed in the support category.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
ebaauw
Trainee
Trainee

Corrupted artist/song/album name in iTunes server

Unread post by ebaauw » Mon May 28, 2007 9:07 pm

I've upgraded my DS101g+ to firmware 460. I've enabled the long-awaited iTunes server and can see the diskstation's shared library from iTunes on my PC.

However, I noticed that names of some Artists, Albums, Genres, Songs start with some weird characters (. Also, I noticed that each song shows Track# 1 and that Year shows up Year empty. The same errors show up when accessing the diskstation's media server through uPnP (I use Nero showtime, a software uPnP client).

It seems like firmware 460 isn't too happy with the ID3 v2.3 tags in my MP3 files. When accessing the MP3 files through a share in windows explorer, the ID3 tags are correct.

Does anybody know what ID3 version is expected by the diskstation? Could this issue be related to code page settings? My computer (WinXP SP2) runs code page 437, which is also configured for the diskstation.

Thanks,
Erik.

Return to “Firmware 460 for DS101g+”