itunes Server - OSX Good, Win Bad!

Any questions/comments about the iTunes server can be placed here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
leighb01
I'm New!
I'm New!

itunes Server - OSX Good, Win Bad!

Postby leighb01 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:26 am

Can anyone help with a weird situation?

I have the iTunes Server running on a DS214+. I can connect to it fine from a Mac, all artwork there etc...it works as expected.

I've just installed the latest iTunes on the home office Windows 7 machine. I can see the shared server in iTunes so I click it. It tries to connect for a few seconds but then the local computer is selected. No error message or anything. I just cannot connect to the iTunes server from iTunes on Windows. Any ideas?
gizbug
Experienced
Experienced

Re: itunes Server - OSX Good, Win Bad!

Postby gizbug » Sun May 31, 2015 2:28 pm

Would like to know the answer also.
There seems to be a lack of support recently on here as this was posted more than 3 months ago...
DS716+
Steve-K17
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: itunes Server - OSX Good, Win Bad!

Postby Steve-K17 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:21 am

Me too. I installed iTunes server on my DS415play yesterday copied a large number of music files into the shared music folder. I can see and select the NAS from iTunes but after a few seconds loading it simply reverts to the local iTunes library.

Return to “iTunes Server”