Synchronize playlists in an iPod

Any questions/comments about the iTunes server can be placed here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
garthcrown
I'm New!
I'm New!

Synchronize playlists in an iPod

Postby garthcrown » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi,
I've got configured the iTunes server in my NAS, configured a lot a smart playlists, and I can see all of them in my iTunes client in one laptop.
Now I want to synchronize the playlists in my iPod, but the shared smart playlists from the NAS in iTunes Server doesn't appear as playlists available to be synchronized in my iPod.
I'm getting a bit crazy about it... can anyone tell me how can be done? Probably I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what or, even, if it's possible...
Thanks in advance.
steve_hoge
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Synchronize playlists in an iPod

Postby steve_hoge » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:16 am

Unfortunately, the iTunes app has never allowed iPod sync/download from Shared Libraries :cry: Not even with the non-DRM'd music we ripped from our own CDs! At our house this was the basic problem that prevented the used of a centralized iTunes server for the whole family. We solved it by just mirroring the library files on everyone's local machines. Another case of Apple's mean-spirited control complex.

Return to “iTunes Server”