SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

See if your 3rd party software (such as backup software) is compatible with our product.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
pjay
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Unread post by pjay » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:07 pm

I've got Sickbeard working on my Synology 209+II with DSM 3.1-1594 final. It's running unstable at the time. And when it's running it keeps giving a message about Namemapper when I start Sickbeard from putty in the CLI.

How I did I do this?

I did uninstall SickBeard and the Merty Sabnzbd package.
I did reinstall Sabnzbd using the Blog of Kevin van Zonneveld http://kevin.vanzonneveld.net/techblog/ ... _synology/

I did not use the startup file provided by the Blog and changed it to :

Code: Select all

PATH=$PATH:/opt/bin
/opt/bin/python2.5 /opt/share/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py -f /root/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini  -s 0.0.0.0:9200 -d
/opt/bin/python2.5 /root/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --quiet &
Install Sickbeard by using IPKG (still need to edit this)

Code: Select all

ipkg install sickbeard
Reboot the NAS

CONS about this solution :
The pictures don't work in the listing of 'coming episodes' in bannermode\
Namemapper problems, butt seems to work fine.

Side note :
If you run Sickbeard in CLI in putty, and close the putty window. Sickbeard seems to quit.
Sickbeard installed this way doesn't seem to run from an USBstick

cockbongo
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by cockbongo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Grrrrr! This is driving me mad.

Can someone tell me why the manual command

/opt/bin/python2.5 /volume1/video/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --quiet &

works to start SickBeard when in Terminal, but when I add the same line to the sabstart.sh it simply refuses to launch? I'm running the latest version of SB along with SABnzbd+ 5.4 as I had to reinstall it and the update packages don't work in DSM 3.1 yet.

Any help appreciated - i'm using a DS1010+ btw

C

kinnth
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by kinnth » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:01 am

I too am having real trouble getting the sabstart script working. I want a very simple script that starts sickbeard and couchpotato once sab starts up. So Could someone post their entire sabstart.sh script up and I can replace mine.

I am a nub so should I be doing all the script editing in vi and exiting using the :x command? Walk me right through it, I have sab, sick and couch all working but each time i must terminal in to start the buggers!

ronaldvh
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by ronaldvh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:46 am

gwakamol
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by gwakamol » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:32 pm

I found a solution that works perfectly.

A guy name Diaoul on the synology forum on http://www.nas-forum.com, has created some synology package for Sabnzb, sickbeard and even couchpotatoes !
(the forum is in french and you need to create an account.
Just click the megaupload link and install from the syno interface. pay attention to the architecture when downloading the sabnzb one!)
It works flawlessly, it install from the syno interface and is even available for other syno architecture.
Be careful it doesn't work with merty's sabnzb package, you need to install this one and choose the correct CPU type !

Thanks Diaoul for this wonderfull work !

El Loco
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by El Loco » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:07 pm

gwakamol thanks for the tip! With these packages I got SickBeard back up and running on a DS-207+.

collaborator
Student
Student

Unread post by collaborator » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:16 pm

Have you tried them on DSM 3.1 ?
gwakamol wrote:I found a solution that works perfectly.

A guy name Diaoul on the synology forum on http://www.nas-forum.com, has created some synology package for Sabnzb, sickbeard and even couchpotatoes !
Just click the megaupload link and install from the syno interface. pay attention to the architecture when downloading the sabnzb one!)
It works flawlessly, it install from the syno interface and is even available for other syno architecture.
Be careful it doesn't work with merty's sabnzb package, you need to install this one and choose the correct CPU type !

brantdk
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by brantdk » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Sickbeard not downloading but it is running on my 409+. I have Sabnzb+ running fine and it downloads. I have installed Sickbeard and I can also log on to http:\\synology IP:8081. I have added all the configuration information and have also added shows to be downloaded. BUT nothing downloads!!! This is driving me crazy...

I have installed Sickbeard on my pc and with the same settings, everything works

Does anybody else has this problem?
Old 106, 206, 407e
old 409+ DX-5
Current 1511+ and DX-5
3tb x 5, 2tb x5 hdd
Sabnzb+, Sickbeard, Newznab+, Headphone

wanda
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by wanda » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 pm

I have an Synology DS-209+II with SABnzbd installed and would like to get Sickbeard installed as weel. I am not a programmer and have little experience with SSH and Terminal. Is there a package like sabnzbd that can be installed and then sickbeard will run?

KiljoyMcCoy
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by KiljoyMcCoy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:10 am

gwakamol wrote:I found a solution that works perfectly.

Did this work on the newest released firmware?
could you post the megaupload link here (if possible)
Thanks

wanda
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by wanda » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:26 am

I would love to know if it worked!

El Loco
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by El Loco » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:49 am

I have all three running on DSM 3.1-1605 on a DS-207+. I would advice you to just try and see if it works, it does for me...

KiljoyMcCoy
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by KiljoyMcCoy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:26 am

i messaged Diaoul and he said they work with 3.1. He also said he will try and get a post with the packages in this forum up soon.
Ive been reluctant to upgrade to 3.1 because I did install the build before the final release of 3.1 and sickbeard was broken. I ended up rolling back to 3.0. but i have seen some corruption in doing so. so as soon as i get the NAS backed up i'll update and remake it. Didn't want to re do the NAS set up only to have to roll back to 3.0 and start over again. =)

kierancoghlan
Student
Student

Unread post by kierancoghlan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:58 am

I have sickbeard running well, but I get this message at the top of the web GUI:
"Unable to find your git executable - either delete your .git folder and run from source OR set git_path in your config.ini to enable updates"

I've gone in with vi to edit the git_path in config.ini several times, but it doesn't seem to stick. I save and quit vi, then re-open to check and it seem to be there (the correct git path). But when I re-start the system and check again, it's just git_path = ""

Any ideas?
Thanks!

collaborator
Student
Student

Unread post by collaborator » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:38 am

I can confirm that Sabnzbd,sickbeard and couchpotato spk packages developed by zebulon and hosted url down below work well on my DS-209+ with DSM 3.1.1605

http://synoblog.superzebulon.org/
Last edited by collaborator on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Software Compatibility Lists”