SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

See if your 3rd party software (such as backup software) is compatible with our product.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu



2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
User avatar
jmurre
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:01 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby jmurre » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:15 am

mrwolf wrote:I'm having trouble getting SB up and running again on my DS210j. It was working well, but after I've updated to DSM 3.0, it stopped working...

I've updated SABNZB+ (0.5.4), and that's working now. However, SB won't work. I've read this thread, but can't figure out what exactly is causing this...

SB is installed on my USB-stick, and thus in the dir /volumeUSB1/usbshare/sickbeard/.

When I run '/opt/bin/python2.5 /volumeUSB1/usbshare/sickbeard/SickBeard.py' to see if I can get it running, I get the following result:

Code: Select all

DiskStation> /opt/bin/python2.5 /volumeUSB1/usbshare/sickbeard/SickBeard.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/volumeUSB1/usbshare/sickbeard/SickBeard.py", line 32, in <module>
    import sqlite3
  File "/opt/lib/python2.5/sqlite3/__init__.py", line 24, in <module>
    from dbapi2 import *
  File "/opt/lib/python2.5/sqlite3/dbapi2.py", line 27, in <module>
    from _sqlite3 import *
ImportError: libsqlite3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory


I've read something about updating python to 2.6, but how do I do this and does that solve my problem? I've tried ipkg update/upgrade, but python is not being upgraded.


I am using the following line after the DSM 3.0 final upgrade:

Code: Select all

/var/packages/sab2/target/utils/bin/python /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --quiet &


Where my SB install is on /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/. Just using the original python install, not the 2.5 or 2.6. Can you try that as well?
sverzijl
Trainee
Trainee
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby sverzijl » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Been trying to get this puppy running on DS207+ but it keeps hanging on "Starting Sick Beard on http://localhost:8081". It doesn't go any further and there's no listener on port 8081 at this time.

Python 2.5:

Code: Select all

 /opt/bin/python2.5 /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/SickBeard.py
Starting up Sick Beard alpha2 from /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/config.ini
22:46:02 INFO::MainThread :: Checking database structure...
22:46:02 INFO::MainThread :: Starting Sick Beard on http://localhost:8081
<here it hangs and I can only kill it to close it>


Code: Select all

Python 2.6 :

 /opt/bin/python2.6 /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/SickBeard.py
Starting up Sick Beard alpha2 from /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/config.ini
22:47:52 INFO::MAIN :: Checking database structure...
22:47:52 INFO::MAIN :: Starting Sick Beard on http://localhost:8081
<here it hangs and I can only kill it to close it>


netstat -an|grep 8081 returns nothing

Debug log also doesn't show any hints to what might be wrong. config.ini is empty, so using all default values.
Any Ideas anyone ?
User avatar
jmurre
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:01 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby jmurre » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:02 am

sverzijl wrote:Been trying to get this puppy running on DS207+ but it keeps hanging on "Starting Sick Beard on http://localhost:8081". It doesn't go any further and there's no listener on port 8081 at this time.

Python 2.5:

Code: Select all

 /opt/bin/python2.5 /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/SickBeard.py
Starting up Sick Beard alpha2 from /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/config.ini
22:46:02 INFO::MainThread :: Checking database structure...
22:46:02 INFO::MainThread :: Starting Sick Beard on http://localhost:8081
<here it hangs and I can only kill it to close it>


Code: Select all

Python 2.6 :

 /opt/bin/python2.6 /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/SickBeard.py
Starting up Sick Beard alpha2 from /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/config.ini
22:47:52 INFO::MAIN :: Checking database structure...
22:47:52 INFO::MAIN :: Starting Sick Beard on http://localhost:8081
<here it hangs and I can only kill it to close it>


netstat -an|grep 8081 returns nothing

Debug log also doesn't show any hints to what might be wrong. config.ini is empty, so using all default values.
Any Ideas anyone ?


Have you tried with the original python version and & sign at the end?

Code: Select all

/var/packages/sab2/target/utils/bin/python /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/SickBeard.py &
sverzijl
Trainee
Trainee
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby sverzijl » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:24 pm

jmurre wrote:Have you tried with the original python version and & sign at the end?

Code: Select all

/var/packages/sab2/target/utils/bin/python /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/SickBeard.py &


Yes, even worse then, it doesn't even get past this:
Starting up Sick Beard alpha2 from /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/config.ini
<and then hangs>

(with or without '&' at the end, which just makes it run as a background process)

No idea what can be wrong. I run SABnzbd and Couchpotato both with either python 2.5 or 2.6 no problems, but Sickbeard refuses
User avatar
jmurre
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:01 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby jmurre » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:59 pm

sverzijl wrote:
jmurre wrote:Have you tried with the original python version and & sign at the end?

Code: Select all

/var/packages/sab2/target/utils/bin/python /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/SickBeard.py &


Yes, even worse then, it doesn't even get past this:
Starting up Sick Beard alpha2 from /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/config.ini
<and then hangs>

(with or without '&' at the end, which just makes it run as a background process)

No idea what can be wrong. I run SABnzbd and Couchpotato both with either python 2.5 or 2.6 no problems, but Sickbeard refuses

I'm sorry to hear that and also that I can't help you with this. My experience is limited and I'm glad I have it working at all. I hope someone else can help you with this issue. Thanks for showing interest though.
El Loco
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 10:23 pm

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby El Loco » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm having the same exact issue on my DS207+ with the latest DSM 3. Before Sickbeard worked but I wanted to upgrade sickbeard with the latest version and now I cannot seem to start it anymore. Hangs after "starting sickbeard". Latest Sabnzbd is also installed and running.

Tried it with python2.5, python2.6 and with /var/packages/sab2/target/utils/bin/python but all have the same issue.
If I run:
/var/packages/sab2/target/utils/bin/python /sickbeard/SickBeard.py --quiet &

I get the following error log:
"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/volume2/Data2/sickbeard/SickBeard.py", line 36, in <module>
import sickbeard
File "/volume2/Data2/sickbeard/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 21, in <module>
import cherrypy
File "/volume2/Data2/sickbeard/cherrypy/__init__.py", line 161, in <module>
from cherrypy import _cptools
File "/volume2/Data2/sickbeard/cherrypy/_cptools.py", line 236, in <module>
from cherrypy.lib import cptools, encoding, auth, static, jsontools
File "/volume2/Data2/sickbeard/cherrypy/lib/cptools.py", line 8, in <module>
from md5 import new as md5
File "/var/packages/sab2/target/utils/lib/python2.5/md5.py", line 6, in <module>
from hashlib import md5
File "/var/packages/sab2/target/utils/lib/python2.5/hashlib.py", line 133, in <module>
md5 = __get_builtin_constructor('md5')
File "/var/packages/sab2/target/utils/lib/python2.5/hashlib.py", line 60, in __get_builtin_constructor
import _md5
ImportError: No module named _md5"

Any solution to this?

Kind regards,

El Loco
forkbomb
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:39 am

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby forkbomb » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:45 am

Is it normal to have this many Python processes running at once for SAB and SB? Do you all see the same thing when you run 'top' or 'ps'?

Code: Select all

PID USER       VSZ STAT COMMAND
 3978 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3979 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3980 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3981 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3982 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3983 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3984 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3985 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3986 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3987 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3988 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 3989 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3990 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3991 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3992 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3993 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3994 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3995 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3996 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3997 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3998 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3999 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 4000 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 4035 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4036 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4037 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4038 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4039 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4040 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4041 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4042 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4043 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4044 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4045 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4046 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4047 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4048 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4049 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4050 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4051 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4052 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4053 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
User avatar
jmurre
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:01 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby jmurre » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:46 am

forkbomb wrote:Is it normal to have this many Python processes running at once for SAB and SB? Do you all see the same thing when you run 'top' or 'ps'?

Code: Select all

PID USER       VSZ STAT COMMAND
 3978 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3979 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3980 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3981 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3982 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3983 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3984 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3985 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3986 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3987 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3988 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 3989 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3990 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3991 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3992 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3993 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3994 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3995 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3996 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3997 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3998 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 3999 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 4000 root     62428 S    /opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SAB
 4035 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4036 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4037 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4038 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4039 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4040 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4041 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4042 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4043 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4044 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4045 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4046 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4047 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4048 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4049 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4050 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4051 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4052 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.
 4053 root     56644 S    opt/bin/python2.5 /var/packages/sickbeard/SickBeard.

The only thing I see is:

Code: Select all

4006     1 root     S     321m128.5  0.0 /var/packages/sab2/target/utils/bin/python /var/packages/sab2/target/sab/SABnzbd.py
 4007     1 root     S     179m 71.8  0.0 /var/packages/sab2/target/utils/bin/python /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/SickBeard.py
Brickman
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:23 pm
Contact:

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby Brickman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:26 pm

During the weekend I made my version how to install Sick Beard on my DS410 with SABnzbd+ based on merty's package. Sick Beard is added to sabstart.sh so that it is started after SABnzbd+.

Code: Select all

HowTo install SickBeard on Synology DS410
#################################
http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=27170
#################################

# login in as root

# Install the following if needed
ipkg install git           # install git
ipkg install textutils     # Needed to use git pull to update from the source

# Installation
cd /volume1/@appstore/                   # Your applications dir
mkdir sickbeard                          # create the app dir

# Get a clone of the source
git clone git://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git sickbeard

# Add Sick Beard to SABnzbd+ startup script (sabstart.sh)
echo -e "\n# start Sick Beard
echo -n \`/bin/date\`>>\$DIR/log/scripts.log;
echo \": Starting Sick Beard..\">>\$DIR/log/scripts.log
\$DIR/utils/bin/python /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --quiet &" >> /var/packages/sab2/target/scripts/sabstart.sh

# In order to use sickbeard's post-processing scripts for sabnzbd
ln -s /var/packages/sab2/target/utils/bin/python /usr/bin/python

# Start SickBeard
python SickBeard.py

# Go to <NAS ip>:8081 for the webinterface, edit the config.
# Add under General config: - "Initial quality" to the wanted quality
# Add under Episode download option: - change "NZB action" to "SABnzbd" and fill in further
# Shut SickBeard down via <NAS ip>:8081/home/shutdown/

# Edit config.ini when SickBeard is not running!
nano /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/config.ini   # You could also use vi
# set git_path = /opt/bin/git

# Restart sabnzbd+ in DSM Package Management, and your TV show grabber is running

# Update when it is not running
cd /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/
git pull


To shutdown Sick Beard I edited sabstop.sh. The file can be found on http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5653370/sabstop.sh (I will post there updates of the file)

The only problem left is that two processes of Sick Beard are still running after the shutdown through the web interface. Has anyone a clue to solve this?
DS410 / DSM 4.0 2198 / 4x Samsung EcoGreen F4EG (HD204UI)
with APC Back-UPS ES 550G

HowTo for Synology NAS: http://synology.brickman.nl/
stewgots
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby stewgots » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:42 pm

JohnNash wrote:I did find out something:

I got

Code: Select all

Synology-DS110j> /opt/bin/python2.5 /opt/share/sickbeard/SickBeard.py
/opt/bin/python2.5: can't open file '/opt/share/sickbeard/SickBeard.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

so

Code: Select all

Synology-DS110j> cd /opt/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard
Synology-DS110j> dir
drwxr-xr-x    8 root     root         4096 Sep  3 00:41 .
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Sep  3 00:41 ..
drwxr-xr-x    8 root     root         4096 Sep  3 00:41 .git
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           54 Sep  3 00:41 .gitignore
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        35147 Sep  3 00:41 COPYING.txt
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         5208 Sep  3 00:41 SickBeard.py
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Sep  3 00:41 autoProcessTV
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root         4096 Sep  3 11:39 cherrypy
drwxr-xr-x    6 root     root         4096 Sep  3 00:41 data
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1442 Sep  3 00:41 initscript
drwxr-xr-x    7 root     root         4096 Sep  3 11:39 lib
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         2254 Sep  3 00:41 readme.md
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root         4096 Sep  3 11:39 sickbeard


My SickBeard.py is in a different location: cd /opt/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/

Then I give

Code: Select all

Synology-DS110j> /opt/bin/python2.5 /opt/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/SickBeard.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/SickBeard.py", line 36, in <module>
    import sickbeard
  File "/opt/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 35, in <module>
    from sickbeard import helpers, db, exceptions, queue, scheduler
  File "/opt/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/queue.py", line 15, in <module>
    from sickbeard import webserve
  File "/opt/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 30, in <module>
    from Cheetah.Template import Template
ImportError: No module named Cheetah.Template


It seems I may not have the Cheetah package.
But

Code: Select all

Synology-DS110j> ipkg install cheetah
Nothing to be done
An error ocurred, return value: 4.
Collected errors:
Cannot find package cheetah.
Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'


I'll look into this.


I get the same error. Is there a way to fix this?
stewgots
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby stewgots » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Brickman wrote:During the weekend I made my version how to install Sick Beard on my DS410 with SABnzbd+ based on merty's package. Sick Beard is added to sabstart.sh so that it is started after SABnzbd+.

Code: Select all

HowTo install SickBeard on Synology DS410
#################################
http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=27170
#################################

# login in as root

# Install the following if needed
ipkg install git           # install git
ipkg install textutils     # Needed to use git pull to update from the source

# Installation
cd /volume1/@appstore/                   # Your applications dir
mkdir sickbeard                          # create the app dir

# Get a clone of the source
git clone git://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git sickbeard

# Add Sick Beard to SABnzbd+ startup script (sabstart.sh)
echo -e "\n# start Sick Beard
echo -n \`/bin/date\`>>\$DIR/log/scripts.log;
echo \": Starting Sick Beard..\">>\$DIR/log/scripts.log
\$DIR/utils/bin/python /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --quiet &" >> /var/packages/sab2/target/scripts/sabstart.sh

# In order to use sickbeard's post-processing scripts for sabnzbd
ln -s /var/packages/sab2/target/utils/bin/python /usr/bin/python

# Start SickBeard
python SickBeard.py

# Go to <NAS ip>:8081 for the webinterface, edit the config.
# Add under General config: - "Initial quality" to the wanted quality
# Add under Episode download option: - change "NZB action" to "SABnzbd" and fill in further
# Shut SickBeard down via <NAS ip>:8081/home/shutdown/

# Edit config.ini when SickBeard is not running!
nano /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/config.ini   # You could also use vi
# set git_path = /opt/bin/git

# Restart sabnzbd+ in DSM Package Management, and your TV show grabber is running

# Update when it is not running
cd /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/
git pull


To shutdown Sick Beard I edited sabstop.sh. The file can be found on http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5653370/sabstop.sh (I will post there updates of the file)

The only problem left is that two processes of Sick Beard are still running after the shutdown through the web interface. Has anyone a clue to solve this?


Could you post your sabstart.py file also? I am curious to see what it looks like, because my sickbeard or couch potato will not launch. Also are you running python 2.6 or 2.5?
swifty
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:48 am

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby swifty » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:11 pm

Has anyone recently got this working ?

I have setup sickbeard on my PC and now want to use it on my CS407 - but as with some previous posters it hangs when starting the webserver ' Starting Sick Beard on http://localhost:8081'
It doesn't actually load the webserver and nothing is located in the sickbeard logs (I am running sickbeard directly from the console)
I've installed python2.6 and manually installed the latest cherrypy and cheetah from source.. but still not luck :(

Does anyone have any ideas on this ??

Sab and Couchpotato are both running fine, so it's just sickbeard to go now!!
Brickman
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:23 pm
Contact:

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby Brickman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:27 pm

@stewgots

I'm using python2.5(the file from SABnzbd+ package) for SickBeard: sabstart.sh

For CouchPotato I'm using python2.6.


Does someone know to stop all the threads through the webinterface? At my DS410 there are always two threads left over, while CouchPotato exits correctly!
DS410 / DSM 4.0 2198 / 4x Samsung EcoGreen F4EG (HD204UI)
with APC Back-UPS ES 550G

HowTo for Synology NAS: http://synology.brickman.nl/
swifty
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:48 am

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby swifty » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:03 pm

swifty wrote:Has anyone recently got this working ?

I have setup sickbeard on my PC and now want to use it on my CS407 - but as with some previous posters it hangs when starting the webserver ' Starting Sick Beard on http://localhost:8081'
It doesn't actually load the webserver and nothing is located in the sickbeard logs (I am running sickbeard directly from the console)
I've installed python2.6 and manually installed the latest cherrypy and cheetah from source.. but still not luck :(

Does anyone have any ideas on this ??

Sab and Couchpotato are both running fine, so it's just sickbeard to go now!!


I have done some investigation and it's freezing when trying to start the cherrypy web server, I have tried the prebuilt py25-cherrypy package using ipkg and also manually installed the latest using the source from cherrypy's website - neither give any better results... this seems specific to the Synology nas as I have the exact same install working fine on my PC.

Anyone have any ideas?
tophe323
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: SickBeard: Automatic TV Show Download

Postby tophe323 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:49 pm

Brickman wrote:The only problem left is that two processes of Sick Beard are still running after the shutdown through the web interface. Has anyone a clue to solve this?


I have the same issue ...
This causes my Synology to not rebooting as it can't kill SB.

Did you solve this issue meanwhile ?

Return to “Software Compatibility Lists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest