RMA in Sydney Australia

Sit back and relax! Talk about anything here!
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
lahiruwan
I'm New!
I'm New!

RMA in Sydney Australia

Postby lahiruwan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:31 am

Apologies if I am in the wrong section but couldn't find any other place for support questions.

I have a DS212J and was told by technical support to do an RMA with local reseller for replacement/ fix. The shop I bought it from says on their website that they will only assist with DOA claims and to write to Synology through their website for other claims. I cannot find details of any service centre in Sydney.

Has anyone here RMAed a Synology product in Australia? If so where did you send it to?

Thanks
ScottieT125
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: RMA in Sydney Australia

Postby ScottieT125 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:40 am

Hi there,

Realising this post was from a while ago, how did you get on? I need to do the same.

Thanks
Scott
liveforpixel
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: RMA in Sydney Australia

Postby liveforpixel » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi there,

What the shop is stating is illegal under Australian Consumer Law. Harvey Norman just got a massive fine for similar.
If the shop refuses to take it, give Fair Trading a call. :)

They have to assist with warranty claims, they are not allowed to just refer you to the manufacturer.

http://www.business.gov.au/business-top ... funds.aspx

Good luck.
I had to deal with a dodgy shop previously, where the guy laughed at me saying how do you expect us to make a profit if we repaired past warranty. (The item had never worked, and repairs were initiated during warranty).
One letter detailing my rights sent to the shop and that fair trading had been contacted, next day a brand new unit express shipped from overseas.

Return to “The Lounge”