Introduce yourself here

Sit back and relax! Talk about anything here!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Synologylearner
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby Synologylearner » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi,
I'm Michelle, Aussie living in the Philippines.
I have DS416. I was introduced to Synology by a fellow user. Love it. Just wish I could set it up to the internet
after moving countries....
karenm
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby karenm » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Hi. I'm Karen. I've just bought my first Synology, a DS216j.

It's great to have the server functionality at home but I'm finding the Synology isn't straightforward to set up -- packages settings are all over the place, and the documentation is less than basic. I worked in IT a few years ago, so I don't have the latest, most up-to-date skills, but I do know enough to own one of these. And it should be easier than this.

Hoping this forum will be able to help on a few things.
Karen
javitxon
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby javitxon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi,
this is Javitxon from Spain. I've just bought a DS218play and I'm quite happy so far... :)

See you.
rtcarsten
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby rtcarsten » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Hej,

my name is Carsten - and I'm in fact already two years on the forum, but seems I never untroduced myself...

I have a DS416play.

I ran an Icybox for years before switching to Synology. The Icybox did well for a long time, but usability and performance were low. Always looked for something more usable, especially for the non-tech's of the family. Several people recommended Synology, and so I decided to go for the DSP416play (which is considerably more expensive than the Icybox was, and my wife is still not convinced that it's worth the money ;-)

Mainly I use the station to store the families' videos, photos and music collections. This works quite fine, but it also seems that most of the time I am the sole user of the server. Didn't have a lot of time to look after my synology, so was pretty quiet here. Took the time over Eastern to clean up some things on my Synology - and I guess you will see some message from me in the other boards.

Best wishes
Carsten
There's no such thing as ice - it's just frozen water. DS416play 2x3TB (WD Red/Seagate Ironwolf) SHR

Return to “The Lounge”