Will Synology ever use an Intel i3 again like the discontinued DS3615xs?

Sit back and relax! Talk about anything here!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Will Synology ever use an Intel i3 again like the discontinued DS3615xs?

Postby odessouky » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Aloha everyone..

Does any one know if Synology plan to release any PLUS series soon with an i3 processor at all?

I have a 916+, and inspite of buying it with the knowledge that it should transcode one channel of 4k video, it struggles and stutters immensely?

I've researched extensively how to fix this, bought a Plexpass to enable Hardware acceleration, tried Video Station which has HW acceleration by default, and no matter what I do, it cannot stream/transcode 4k video?

Was at a friend's the other day, and he has a QNAP with an i3, and it works like a dream. I do not like the software however, and do not see myself using it. I'm very comfortable with DSM, and intend to use Synology only?

Return to “The Lounge”