DS115J vs DS112+

Sit back and relax! Talk about anything here!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS115J vs DS112+

Postby dannysmith43 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi Y'all,

I'm Danny, I've recently jumped into the world of Synology NAS! I recently purchased a DS215J for my aunt to backup all her pics on it and she's very happy! So I wanted to get something for myself to act as a backup target from my main PC, I'd also like to use the DS Apps for photos etc.

This is a retrospective questions as I've already purchased a second hand DS112+
In terms of performance would the DS112+ come out on top? I was filtering between a new DS115J or a secondhand DS112+ and the difference was £21.
I know the DS112+ has a 2GHz single core as opposed to a 0.8Ghz single core but I'd assume the Armada core has made other improvements in that time? I know it's a bit of silly thing asking now it's been purchased but I may switch in the future.

Thanks for looking!

Re: DS115J vs DS112+

Postby BigTex » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:58 pm

One more thing to consider is that Synology only supports units about 5 years back with their new software releases. The DS112+ might only be able to upgrade to latest software for another couple of years. I just upgraded from the DS212+ to DS216+. The DS216+ is much snappier in the desktop interface.

Return to “The Lounge”