Captcha when posting

Sit back and relax! Talk about anything here!
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
drabisan
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Captcha when posting

Postby drabisan » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:43 pm

Captcha - ok, I understand the need. We all hate spammers!
But you have to implement and communicate an workaround for long time and reliable members.
It's not too much of an annoyance, but denote lack of trust for some members that do contribute to this forum.
I just don't see maxxfi and many many others being happy to type a useless code when he helped hundreds of users! Saving countless number of tickets to Synology by providing his advice for free.
I know I'm far from maxxfi's league, but I'm doing my best to help your customers and I would expect an option to recognise this by, at least, having an option not to type a captcha for every single post.

Thank you for considering!
PaulS
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Confirm This, Weasels

Postby PaulS » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:41 pm

If this continuous entering of confirmation codes on every post is Synology's idea for better security, I'm about done with this forum. Just dumb. Maybe it's their way of ensuring EVERYONE is annoyed, even if they don't have actual system problems.

Just FYI. :evil:

Return to “The Lounge”