How long to wait for technical support?

Sit back and relax! Talk about anything here!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Re: No response to ticket in three weeks

Postby drabisan » Sun May 15, 2016 4:08 pm

For what it matters, mine does the same.
I had a lengthy ticket few years back and at the time it looked like large MTU was the problem.
Since then MTU was 1500 and it worked with 1-2 blocking per year. In the past 2 weeks it blocked 3 times with no logs before. The only solution is power down power up.
Next time when it blocks itself I'll open a new ticket.
I'll post any updates here and please do the same when you have news.

To escalate a ticket you have to call, unfortunately.

Re: How long to wait for technical support?

Postby TeeCee » Sun May 15, 2016 6:30 pm

drabisan wrote:For what it matters, mine does the same. ... To escalate a ticket you have to call, unfortunately.

Bummer, but it's nice to know it's not just me. Thanks.
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby goldendye » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:51 pm

I'm wondering the same. Synology technical support haven't replied .
I'm New!
I'm New!

Does Synology support EXIST or not?

Postby nonsoloinformatici » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:36 pm

With one company totally unable to use it's DS1515+ since the 29 Dec, I'm just curios to ask IF someone knows if Synology support exists or it is ONLY a ghost in the dark........ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Postby Gungan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:27 am

I got a reply after 3 days, but I doubt I'll have my problem resolved.

DS Video literally cannot play a single file I try to play even though the video codec is supported on my device.

I spent those 3 days trying to play my library and I've only been able to play a handful of 390+ rips I own. I've basically given up and switched to Plex, which works immediately and was a godsend after 3 days of fighting with Video Station.

I'm just annoyed that I paid a premium for a transcoding engine that will never get used.

I'm curious how QNAP's mobile apps are. I researched them before and Syno's were rated higher across the board (which was another selling point), but DS video just doesn't work at all for me on a brand new flagship device.

Return to “The Lounge”