Account gone

Sit back and relax! Talk about anything here!
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Mr. Tao
I'm New!
I'm New!

Account gone

Unread post by Mr. Tao » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:19 pm

I have posted in the Lounge – talk about anything here about my account being deleted without any explanation after I have replied with a thoroughly detailed explanation on what the problem is with RAM upgrade on Cedarview units.

Now, dear nameless moderator, could you please reply in more civilized fashion and elaborate on:
  • how my initial post about RAM upgrade was nothing senn (sic!) related to the forum,
  • how my post in The Lounge was offtopic?
anonymous moderator wrote:Topic disapproved: "[[Please control your language]] Account gone"
Forum: The Lounge
Reason: The reported message is off topic. Not related to synology at all. As well as your first 2 posts, there was nothing senn related to our forum.

HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Re: Account gone

Unread post by HarryPotter » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:18 pm

You posted in the subforum "Introduce yourself", way off topic.
As far as I can remember you had two unrelated links in your initial post. I cant recall details among all this spammers.

And watching at he title of the disapproved thread you shouldnt moralize about "civilzed fashoin".
*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS718+ / DSM 6.2-23511 / ST4000VN000-2AH166 / SA400S37120G SSD cache /16 GB RAM
DS415+ / DSM 6.2-23511

LMS 7.9.1-166, 2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

APC Smart UPS SUA750i

Mr. Tao
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Account gone

Unread post by Mr. Tao » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm

HarryPotter wrote:As far as I can remember you had two unrelated links in your initial post. I cant recall details among all this spammers.
Then you must had confused my post with spammers one.

Because the first link in the discussion is this one: https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/437239/186850. Given that original poster asked about DS412+ and he is also active in this very forum I am finding the fact that you interpret the link as unrelated utterly hilarious.
For the second link, that is for the RAM module information: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/20c502_d ... 43ad61.pdf

So…
  • instead of two unrelated links, there were two extremely related links in both my posts,
  • instead of approval of posts, my account got deleted,
  • instead of reply to my inquiry I got a warning about language.
Moralising by a person with shoot before you speak attitude is more appropriate of course.

Return to “The Lounge”