Synology has very bad customer service

Sit back and relax! Talk about anything here!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
ectods
I'm New!
I'm New!

Synology has very bad customer service

Unread post by ectods » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Hello,

I'm a Synology user, at home and at work (decision to buy up to 5 Synology NAS). So far with Synology everything has gone well, but today it has changed...

I'am buy a Synology NAS, also buy the exFAT program and a 2-year warranty extension (3 + 2). In less than 1 month the NAS stopped working (it did not turn on). Amazon responds correctly and makes me a replacement NAS. All right up here.

Problem: It turns out that exFAT license and the extension of the warranty is associated with the damaged and returned machine.

I send (5 January 2018) a message to Synology to make a transfer between one NAS (damaged) and to the other NAS (new/replace) and I providing all the documentation (purchase and replacement invoice, as well as the information required for the exFAT VISA transaction), they do not answer and close the case!

Synology: No solution and silence (21 January 2018)! :?

This is not serious! Any recommendation? :evil:

Thanks!

Joan

(sorry for the bad English :roll: )

coop777
Student
Student

Re: Synology has very bad customer service

Unread post by coop777 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:41 pm

Have you tried calling them to follow up on your support request?

ectods
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by ectods » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:13 pm

Today they have answered me that they are studying it! :) It's a pity that they do not have faster response times, a leading company as it should be faster.

@coop777 There is no phone in Spain and it is not clear that you can be attended in Spanish by calling the central...

I will tell how everything evolves.

mervincm
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Unread post by mervincm » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:26 pm

Quick question, how much does this license cost?

My search only found an example for 4$ US. They clearly state that you can only transfer the license to a new NAS if the old model is returned to them. Since you didn't do that (you returned it via amazon) you are not technically entitled to a new one for your replacement.

I do appreciate your willingness to fight for what you think you are owed, but for a business, how can this really be a good use of your time for 4$?
PS this is a third party product, the "rules" may not be set by Synology, they may come from Microsoft.

quoted from the synology web site

exFAT Access
Synology Inc. 6.1.1-0024

Note: Software authorization can only be designated to a single Synology Account and can only be used on a single NAS. A new license must be purchased for each individual NAS if multiple NAS are to be used. Additionally, licenses cannot be migrated to another Synology Account or NAS. If you wish to use another Synology Account or NAS, a new license must be purchased. However, if there is an existing license on a NAS returned to Synology and you would like to transfer the license to your repaired NAS, please provide (1) your Synology Account, (2) the serial number of the NAS returned to Synology, and (3) the serial number of the repaired NAS returned to you to the Synology Support Team.
1815+ (factory patched board) 4GB 5x6TB WD RED

ectods
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by ectods » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:37 pm

Hello!

ExFAT app already transferred me to the replacement NAS, a few weeks ago. The warranty extension of 5 years has just been transferred now! A couple of months later he had returned the failed NAS to Amazon. I guess Amazon takes a lot to return the NAS ... Synology has been confusing and slow, they have to improve!

Thanks

Return to “The Lounge”