Name of NAS Being Shown on Login Screen on Mobile (& Other Giveaways)

Questions and mods regarding system management may go here
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
jpalm
Rookie
Rookie

Name of NAS Being Shown on Login Screen on Mobile (& Other Giveaways)

Unread post by jpalm » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:23 am

I've modified all the items under Theme > Login Style in order to change from the default and sort of "Mask" what this login screen is (I.e., not make it a dead giveaway that it's a Synology NAS - it's easy little layer of anonymity.)

Accessing the NAS' login via a desktop web browser, I see my changes. However, accessing the NAS' login via a mobile browser, above the username field it lists the NAS' official name. How can this be resolved?

Additionally, I've removed the DSM logo from the page, however the Fav icon (fav ico) is still the blue "DSM" icon -- how can that be removed?

Additionally, there's the page description in the code that gives away that it's a NAS:

<meta name="description" content="DiskStation provides a full-featured network attached storage (NAS) solution to help you manage, backup and share data among Windows, Mac and Linux easily." />

Can that be removed?
DS916+ 8GB | 16TB
DS218J | 8TB (File Vault, off-site)
Files, Media, & power user of Surveillance Station w/ Hikvision cams

jpalm
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Name of NAS Being Shown on Login Screen on Mobile (& Other Giveaways)

Unread post by jpalm » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:38 am

Synology: Anything?
DS916+ 8GB | 16TB

alephan
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by alephan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:19 pm

I'm interesting in this as well? Did you manage to get anything?
DiskStation DS716+II is great hardware which runs a pretty buggy but beautiful software.

jpalm
Rookie
Rookie

Unread post by jpalm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Unfortunately, no. This reminds me... I'll probably submit an official ticket to Support. Maybe if you do it, too, they'll raise the issue internally.

This really is a terrible design. I don't know what scenario anyone with a NAS would want metadata like this on an internet facing device. It doesn't provide any functionality to the end user -- it's just a security risk.
DS916+ 8GB | 16TB

Return to “System Managment Mods”