How to have some folders on mapped network drive synced to CloudStation

Questions and mods regarding system management may go here
Forum rules
Please note the disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.
☢ _
I'm New!
I'm New!

How to have some folders on mapped network drive synced to CloudStation

Postby ☢ _ » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:07 am

I want to be able to have all my folders accessible in the root folder of a mapped network drive (eg. L:/music, L:/pictures, L:/videos etc.) on the LAN but also have some of those folders synced via Cloud Station to another computer for when I'm out.

I have tried mount binding from my main folder into shared folders, but when I do that, those shared folders do not show up in the settings of Cloud Station Server. Would it work if I do it the other way and save the files within the shared folder and then mount bind into the main directory? Is there a potentially better way to do it?

I hope it's clear what I'm asking. Thanks in advance.
sincarne
Navigator
Navigator

Re: How to have some folders on mapped network drive synced to CloudStation

Postby sincarne » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

I not sure what you mean. You can map network drive and use cloud station on same computer with same folder. Network drive not know if you have cloud station setup. Cloud station not know if you have network drive setup. There many way to connect to NAS.
Have you not enable your shared folder in Cloud Station?
☢ _
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ☢ _ » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:44 am

sincarne wrote:I not sure what you mean. You can map network drive and use cloud station on same computer with same folder. Network drive not know if you have cloud station setup. Cloud station not know if you have network drive setup. There many way to connect to NAS.

Thanks for the reply. I have not found a way to share via CloudStation a single folder that is within my mapped network drive. That is what I would like to do.

I think the key issue is that shared folders can only be directly in volume1 and volume1 does not show up as a location that can be mapped in Windows.
sincarne
Navigator
Navigator

Postby sincarne » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:03 pm

☢ _ wrote:
sincarne wrote:I not sure what you mean. You can map network drive and use cloud station on same computer with same folder. Network drive not know if you have cloud station setup. Cloud station not know if you have network drive setup. There many way to connect to NAS.

Thanks for the reply. I have not found a way to share via CloudStation a single folder that is within my mapped network drive. That is what I would like to do.

I think the key issue is that shared folders can only be directly in volume1 and volume1 does not show up as a location that can be mapped in Windows.

Your mapped network drive are just shared folder on NAS. So you add shared folder on NAS to cloud station. It seem like you overthink how this work or not explain clear

Return to “System Managment Mods”