SynoDownloader

Questions regarding modifying the torrent engine or download station may go here.
Forum rules
Please note the disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.
Flard
Novice
Novice

SynoDownloader 0.6 released

Postby Flard » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Yes... I've been on vacation for some days, have been in bed for a week and I'm still very busy at work. But I managed to sqeeze in some time for version 0.6...

New in this Version:

Monitor Folder for .torrent files
(Any .torrent files in this folder will be download automatically)

Download Queuing
Set the maximum running downloads. (Be warned, when you close SynoDownloader, the queue can not be 'managed', so it is adviced to resume all before quiting SynoDownload[/b]

FTP Browser (beta)
Designed mainly for LAN-Party use; browse a FTP-Server and download directly to your CubeStation/DiskStation.

RSS Feeds! (beta)
Yes! I managed to implement RSS-feeds. Yes, they're still in beta... mainly because there is NO error-handling. But I'm really anxious to get some suggestions from you. (BTW: it is optimized for MiniNova feeds... TorrentSpy-feeds won't work since they deliver bad RSS-data).

> Download SynoDownloader

Please give me you opinions on these new features. I hope the beta-features aren't to buggy... :)

For now I'm not thinking of implementing any new features, so when these features are working correctly, I intend to release version 1.0
Flard
Novice
Novice

SynoDownloader 1.0 released

Postby Flard » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:20 pm

Since the application is still being downloaded, but there are no new bugreports, and decided it became time to officially release version 1.0

SynoDownloader 1.0 is available for download at:
http://devvert.nl/?dl=4

(The only new feature in this release, is an option on the preferences screen to automatically refresh the RSS-feeds every 30 minutes).

Any bugs can still be reported in this topic.
nataS-dk
Rookie
Rookie

Protocol for talking to the DS ??

Postby nataS-dk » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:42 pm

hi...

how did you find out how to "talk" to the DS..

is there a protocol for it..

or did you just sniff the packages that were sent from the Download Redirector....

will you share the info/protocol :)

thanks in advance :)
DS-207+ .518 -- 2 x 320 GB
nataS-dk
Rookie
Rookie

Postby nataS-dk » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:48 am

What's the name of the PostgreSql database on the DS.. :)
sjogro
Student
Student

Postby sjogro » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:48 pm

mac osx ? :cry:
Synology CubeStation 407e
3x Western Digital Caviar RE2 500 GB (WD5000YS) in RAID 5
Latest (Beta) Firmware & No 3rd Party Software
Running Transmission 1.7.3 SPK
Flard
Novice
Novice

Postby Flard » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:05 pm

nataS-dk wrote:What's the name of the PostgreSql database on the DS.. :)

As you found out, (I could not reply earlier), I connect to the internal Postgresql-server. The name of the database is 'download_queue'.
(I recommend you to first connect with telnet to the database (psql) before you do external things... The database uses a lot of triggers, and if you view them you get a better understanding of how the software works)

sjogro wrote:mac osx ? :cry:

If you donate me a mac, I will promise you a mac osx compatible version! ;)
(Well since I don't have a Mac, it's quite hard for me to create an application for you. Unfortunately I also don't have any experience with the Mono Project. Theoretically that would make it possible to run it on a mac...)
Neo
Sharp
Sharp

Postby Neo » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:32 am

Nice app,
was a bit suspicious, but it's not bad at all.
well done.

Little bugs here and there, but besides, cool to work with. Keen to find out if we get enhancements and bug fixes soon.

I did encounter the same problem as with the download redirector:
No files are being downloaded !!!
I tried 2 files, I tried the exact same files on Utorrent, and download on my winXP and Utorrent starts immediately, while Synodownloader or download redirector are announcing downloading, but no progress happens !
Could this be an issue of the CS-407?
DS1515+ | Firmware Version: DSM 5.2
Video streaming (Raspberry Pi 2), Music streaming (Squeezecenter 7.5.1), photo album and more
Flard
Novice
Novice

Postby Flard » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:22 am

Neo wrote:Nice app,
was a bit suspicious, but it's not bad at all.
well done.

Little bugs here and there, but besides, cool to work with. Keen to find out if we get enhancements and bug fixes soon.

I did encounter the same problem as with the download redirector:
No files are being downloaded !!!
I tried 2 files, I tried the exact same files on Utorrent, and download on my winXP and Utorrent starts immediately, while Synodownloader or download redirector are announcing downloading, but no progress happens !
Could this be an issue of the CS-407?

Great to see you like it :)

Please tell me the little bugs, so I can fix them...

Unfortunately I don't have the time to implement new features for the next month. (holidays, and some other projects)

About your problem with the downloading: I have to admit I experience the same problem sometimes, and I really haven't figured out the source. But I expect it's in the cubestation, since it occurs with both download clients...
Neo
Sharp
Sharp

Postby Neo » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:25 am

Flard wrote:Great to see you like it :)

Please tell me the little bugs, so I can fix them...

Unfortunately I don't have the time to implement new features for the next month. (holidays, and some other projects)

About your problem with the downloading: I have to admit I experience the same problem sometimes, and I really haven't figured out the source. But I expect it's in the cubestation, since it occurs with both download clients...

Hi Flard,
Some of the bugs:
1/if you do not maximise the app, text fields are sometimes not long enough, and text continues from 1 column to another, mixing 2 texts together
2/no header titles in the table
3/possibility to use keys when adding, deleting rows.

As to the download bandwith, I guess that's something Franklin should look into. There might be already a forum topic on it (sorry haven't had time to look into it).

All the best and Merry X-mas,
Neo
DS1515+ | Firmware Version: DSM 5.2
Video streaming (Raspberry Pi 2), Music streaming (Squeezecenter 7.5.1), photo album and more
nataS-dk
Rookie
Rookie

Postby nataS-dk » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:37 pm

with this

Code: Select all

$query = "INSERT INTO download_queue (username, url, status) VALUES ('admin',  '<INSERT URL TO FILE OR TORRENT HERE>', 1)";

you are able to start a download on someone elses NAS box... :(

there are no passwords other than the default admin password for det postgresql database...

To synology: isn't it a safety issue that the password for the download Postgresql database is the same....

everyone can read what you are currently downloading...
and what video's, music, and photo you have on the NAS
because it's all indexed and put in the database
m
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby m » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:30 pm

Great piece of software, but there are still some things that could be improved:

- it is not possible to change the status of "waiting" downloads to "paused". For this I have to use the DownloadRedirector

- the DropZone has to be opened manually. It would be nice to have a setting to open it whenever SynoDownloader is started

- clicking on the taskbar icon should bring the window of SynoDownloader to the top of all windows

Michael
HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Postby HarryPotter » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:56 pm

and I found another issue:
when my DS-207+ is in hibernation mode and I start the synodownloader, the program crashes because it doesnt wait long enough for my synobox to wake up
*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS415+ / DSM 6.1.1-15101-1 / ST4000VN000-2AH166
DS713+ / DSM 6.1.1-15101-1 / HD501LJ + HD502IJ (RAID0)
DS712+ / DSM 6.1-15047-2 / HD154UI + ST31000340AS (RAID0)

2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

APC Smart UPS SUA750i
Flard
Novice
Novice

Postby Flard » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:14 pm

First of all, sorry for the late reply. It has been a very busy month, and the upcoming weeks are also very busy... :(

m wrote:Great piece of software, but there are still some things that could be improved:

- it is not possible to change the status of "waiting" downloads to "paused". For this I have to use the DownloadRedirector

- the DropZone has to be opened manually. It would be nice to have a setting to open it whenever SynoDownloader is started

- clicking on the taskbar icon should bring the window of SynoDownloader to the top of all windows

Michael

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into it (you're right, and it shouldn't take to much time).

HarryPotter wrote:and I found another issue:
when my DS-207+ is in hibernation mode and I start the synodownloader, the program crashes because it doesnt wait long enough for my synobox to wake up

Yes, I started to experience this myself too... In one of the version (i thought it was 0.5) I added support (detection)for hibernation, and it worked perfectly then, but for a week or so the program starts to display errors when I resume from hibernation. I'll think this could be fixed be enlarging the timeout... I'll look into it.
md2008
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby md2008 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:00 am

Hi Flard,

Thanks for this application. For some reason, it throws exception when it starts to connect to my DS107e, so I can't really use it. The exception goes like this:

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlDataReader.GetInt32(Int32 i)
   at Devvert.Synology.DownloadTask..ctor(DownloadTaskCollection collection, NpgsqlDataReader reader)
   at Devvert.Synology.DownloadTaskCollection.Refresh()
   at Devvert.Synology.DownloadTaskCollection..ctor(DownloadStation station)
   at Devvert.Synology.DownloadStation..ctor(String serverLocation, String username, String password)
   at Devvert.SynoDownloader.GUI.MainForm.ConnectToServer(Boolean hideDialog)
   at Devvert.SynoDownloader.GUI.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
blindhope
Beginner
Beginner

Postby blindhope » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:05 am

Flard
Thank you for putting time into this app, just downloaded it the interface is much nice than the Default Syno app.
I will report back any bug
Thanks again

Return to “Torrent Engines/Download Station Mods”