SynoDownloader

Questions regarding modifying the torrent engine or download station may go here.
Forum rules
Please note the disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.
ikeke
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby ikeke » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Just a small feedback: everything is fine ecept that, when i modify the prefered key word for bitorrent search, it doesn't save them and put back "test1"and "test"
CS-407 | HD Model: 4x Samsung HD501LJ 500GB Raid5
DS-1513+ | HD Model: 2x Seagate LP 1.5 TB + 2x Seagate LP 2 TB
http://www.nas-forum.com - Communauté Française des utilisateurs de NAS Synology
wojtek
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby wojtek » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:53 pm

Great program!

Any plan to release the code to it?

Alternatively, would you mind looking into adding an option to monitor a folder for torrent files?
Flard
Novice
Novice

Postby Flard » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:29 pm

First of all, sorry that I haven't been really active around here...
I have been ill for a week, had some external training for a week, and in between I had to make up for this absence at work, so I was very busy...

But, version 0.5 is released. New in this version:

• Connection Dialog now shows better messages when connection fails
  • Main Window Size and Position is saved
  • Pressing the enter-key in the search box now works
  • Torrent Details window has a button to copy the torrent url to the clipboard
  • Small cosmetic bug fixed in the detail footer
  • 'Start With Windows' option should now work better. (installer did some strange thing)

Download SynoDownloader 0.5

--------------------------------

KoopaTroopa: I have no idea how the removing and deleting is implemented on the Synology side. All I do is remove the task from the queue on the Cube/DiskStation. What action do you expect/want?
I'll add queuing to the feature list. Although this has some consequence: when you close your program, the queue cannot be managed anymore.

Obwando: read the topic ;)

ikeke: Very strange, it works perfect here, I'll test some more...

wojtek: I'm not thinking about releasing the code anytime soon. The code is not really 'releasable' ;) (very poor documentation, and some small 'design' issues). The monitor folder has been added to the feature list though.

Other high-priority things on my list:
- RSS Feed Support
- FTP Browser (I'm a regular LAN-Party visitor)
- Set Download Station Service settings (enable/disable downloadservice, download times)
- Set User Settings (select share folder)

Oh, and I've also been thinking about integrating a sabnzbd-client in SynoDownloader. (automatically adds nzb's to the Cube)
wojtek
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby wojtek » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:10 pm

Flard wrote:wojtek: I'm not thinking about releasing the code anytime soon. The code is not really 'releasable' ;) (very poor documentation, and some small 'design' issues). The monitor folder has been added to the feature list though.
Fair enough... I rolled my own RSS downloader and folder monitor that launches SynoDownloader, so its doing pretty much everything I need now!

New version solid and working on the 101J.

W.
HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Postby HarryPotter » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:38 pm

Thanks again for your work.

I get only strange dates in the search list:
*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS718+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7 / ST4000VN000-2AH166 / 16 GB RAM
DS713+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7 / HD501LJ + HD502IJ (RAID0)
DS415+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7

2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

APC Smart UPS SUA750i
wojtek
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby wojtek » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:39 am

Flard,

Would you consider changing the way the name of the torrent is displayed at the moment in the main screen? At the moment I am passing the full file name to SynoDownloader (C:\....\Whatever.torrent) and the entire path and filename are showing up, making it quite difficult to tell torrents apart.

Thanks in advance,
W.
Flard
Novice
Novice

Postby Flard » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:13 am

wojtek wrote:
Flard wrote:wojtek: I'm not thinking about releasing the code anytime soon. The code is not really 'releasable' ;) (very poor documentation, and some small 'design' issues). The monitor folder has been added to the feature list though.
Fair enough... I rolled my own RSS downloader and folder monitor that launches SynoDownloader, so its doing pretty much everything I need now!

New version solid and working on the 101J.

W.

Last night I added the folder monitor to the application, I hope to release 0.6 this weekend... (and queuing is also done)

What do you mean by 'rolled my own RSS downloader'? Have you created your own solution, or did you find an application that does this for you? In both cases I'm very interested because I have some rss-issues implementing this and I'm curious how others solved this.

HarryPotter wrote:Thanks again for your work.

I get only strange dates in the search list:

Yeah, that is one of the reasons I can't implement RSS-feed downloading right now: TorrentSpy provides really strange dates in their feed.
(I guess/think/hope you only have this problem with TorrentSpy?)

wojtek wrote:Flard,

Would you consider changing the way the name of the torrent is displayed at the moment in the main screen? At the moment I am passing the full file name to SynoDownloader (C:\....\Whatever.torrent) and the entire path and filename are showing up, making it quite difficult to tell torrents apart.

Thanks in advance,
W.

Hmmm.... As far as I know (I'm currently at work, so can't test it), the cubestation automatically changes the filename once it has started downloading; the name is then changed to the filename in the torrent).
I'll look into this at home.
ikeke
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby ikeke » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:09 pm

Flard wrote:ikeke: Very strange, it works perfect here, I'll test some more...

Hello,

With this new version, everything's fine, thanks
http://www.nas-forum.com - Communauté Française des utilisateurs de NAS Synology
bjorn
Student
Student

Postby bjorn » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 pm

Hi Flard,

Since SSH is now officially an option, would it be possible to use SynoDownloader over the internet using SSH to connect? That would be the best option ever!

Grtz
Björn
HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Postby HarryPotter » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:46 pm

(I guess/think/hope you only have this problem with TorrentSpy?)

Yes, only TorrentSpy with strange dates.
*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS718+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7 / ST4000VN000-2AH166 / 16 GB RAM
DS713+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7 / HD501LJ + HD502IJ (RAID0)
DS415+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7

2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

APC Smart UPS SUA750i
wojtek
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby wojtek » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:33 pm

Flard wrote:Last night I added the folder monitor to the application, I hope to release 0.6 this weekend... (and queuing is also done)

Thanks!
Flard wrote:What do you mean by 'rolled my own RSS downloader'? Have you created your own solution, or did you find an application that does this for you? In both cases I'm very interested because I have some rss-issues implementing this and I'm curious how others solved this.

At the moment its a very simple solution I wrote in C# using a simple RSS library at CodeProject that monitors a feed, downloads everything that comes off it and sends it off to SynoDownloader. Very basic and good for what I need :-)
wojtek
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby wojtek » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:55 pm

wojtek wrote:Would you consider changing the way the name of the torrent is displayed at the moment in the main screen? At the moment I am passing the full file name to SynoDownloader (C:\....\Whatever.torrent) and the entire path and filename are showing up, making it quite difficult to tell torrents apart.
Actually, what is happening is that SynoDownloader is interpreting full paths like that as URLs to download and adds them as http download tasks, which makes sense. By just passing the torrent name, it adds it correctly as a torrent download and displays the name correctly.

W.
ikeke
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby ikeke » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:20 pm

Strange, i don't know what's happening. Since a few days, search doesn't return any answer. With each torrent search engine, same problem.

Would you have any clue ?
Note: i encounter this trouble on 2 different computers (1 running Vista, the other one using XP)
Lars
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Lars » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:45 am

Greetings Flard, and kudos for great work on this application!

Have just tried it since yesterday (v .5) and were almost as impressed by filesize of installer vs. functions as with uTorrent! (hope this makes you blush o)

I'm really looking forward to the cs407 working as it should now.

Keep up the good work! *donating a huge beer* :)
neeeko
Sharp
Sharp

Postby neeeko » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:19 pm

Just wanted to congratulate the author of this soft, it rocks.
Thanks.
DS409+ @Home
2xDS1010+ @Work (1 for iSCSI only - 1for SMB/FTP only due to crap Syno dual LAN managment on VLANs)

Return to “Torrent Engines/Download Station Mods”