I keep media files in the system default folders video, music and photo, because I want them to be streamed within the network by Synology Media Server - which is very fast and streams FLAC files very well to my AV Receiver.
Now the Serviio server starts automatically each time the NAS starts and it is seen on Playstation 3 and within the network, but I still have these problems:
1. I was not able to add content folders in the Serviio Console-0.5 Library. Every time I try to add a folder through the Ajax browser I get the following error:
TEXT: opendir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/bin/php:/usr/syno/synoman:/etc:/var/run:/tmp:/var/spool/php:/volume1/@tmp/php:/var/services/web:/var/services/photo:/var/services/blog:/var/services/homes)
LOCATION: /volume1/web/serviio/afb/browse.class.php, line 68
I used the Add Path scripted button instead and I added the following media folder paths: /volume1/video, /volume1/music, volume1/photo. No content is shown in PS3, just the navigation folders. I can see the video, music and photo folders in PS3 but no content there.
2. In the Status Page, PS3 IP address is correctly identified by the server and the DLNA device selector automatically selects PS3 as device, BUT the status icon is always yellow (status unknown), instead of green (as it is for other device IP when I start Windows Media Player on a computer in the network - but no content here, as well).
3. In the Library page, if I check the checkbox for Keep library automatically updated, the CPU on the NAS raises at 100% instantly. The process taking so much is ffmpeg. Once started there seem to be no way of stop it. Actually, I don't even know what the process is doing, since nothing is playing.
4. Java is taking around 65Mb of NAS's memory regardless the Serviio server status. That is 20% of the available memory. It is ok?
5. I have disabled transcoding because I was not able to select the /volume1@tmp folder through the Ajax browser. However, I manually put the path in the field and Saved the Transcoding settings. I don't know if that's suffice.
6. The Server Console user interface pages have a black background and is very hard to read the text in the page. Is this happening to other users as well? Because I can see in the interface example pages that they should be on white. I put some screen captured images with my screens in this forum post.
In conclusion, the Serviio server is running on my DiskStation but it seems that is wrongly configured to stream files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.