sshfs on diskstantion

Anything regarding SSL/SSH and other security questions may go here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
gadarel
I'm New!
I'm New!

sshfs on diskstantion

Unread post by gadarel » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:35 am

Anyone here that knows how to install sshfs on the diskstation ?

I want it so I can mount my mp3+s over the net and then access them with my Xbox via UPnP.
Can´t find it with optware....
Please help me

SoLan
Versed
Versed

Re: sshfs on diskstantion

Unread post by SoLan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:01 pm

gadarel wrote:Anyone here that knows how to install sshfs on the diskstation ?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that sshfs is something you install on the client computer. The server only needs the ssh daemon running. I am not sure if there is an sshfs client for the Xbox - unless you can make it run Linux.

Have a look at http://fuse.sourceforge.net/sshfs.html and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSH_Filesystem
DiskStation DS-106e (2.0 - 0640) :: Samsung SpinPoint P120 SP2004C

gadarel
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by gadarel » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:12 am

Sorry if I wasn´t clear.
What I wanna do is use sshfs to mount my linuxmachine on another location. So my diskstation is going to be the client.
Downloaded the sshfs but the diskstation dont have any c compilier.
Anyone here able to assist me with this ?

4get9
Novice
Novice

Unread post by 4get9 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:41 am

for the XBOX there are nothing to do !
you can access the NAS with the XBOX (XBMC) using SAMBA
If your XBOX is not in the same network, and needs to connect to Internet you can use FTP protocol.

8)

gadarel
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by gadarel » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:57 pm

i would like to run sshfs on dthe diskstation and mount some catalogs that i have on another location that also is mine.
I got everything prepered on the other server so now i need sshfs on the diskstation.

1 server physsicly on the other side of town everything is ok there.

one diskstantion at home that i wanna use sshfs on so I can mount the server via ssh.

And then the little xbox that i can use to the diskstation but with more files to se if the diskstion can mount via sshfs.

SoLan
Versed
Versed

Unread post by SoLan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:30 pm

gadarel wrote:Downloaded the sshfs but the diskstation dont have any c compilier.
Sorry - I misunderstood your first post. If you have the sshfs source, the NSLU2-Linux web site has a "how-to" on building optware packages on Ubuntu. Building packages for fuse and sshfs and then installing using ipkg might be the "cleanest" way to do this.
DiskStation DS-106e (2.0 - 0640) :: Samsung SpinPoint P120 SP2004C

sea3pea0
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by sea3pea0 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Has anyone had any luck building sshfs and fuse for a ds412+? I was going to try and build these packages, per the suggestion from the previous post, but got stuck at the part where instructions say to set "OPTWARE_TARGET ?= ds101g". I couldn't find any clues about what I could set that to in order to build the packages for the ds412+.
If anyone has any success with this or knowledge to direct me towards getting sshfs and fuse working on my ds412+ I would greatly appreciate it!
-Sea

DS412+[DSM 5.2-5592]

sea3pea0
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by sea3pea0 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:02 pm

Good news, sshfs coming as a package to the synocommunity repo. I have been working on a an spk which is close to finished. If you want to compile it yourself you can go to my fork https://github.com/sea3pea0/spksrc.

Update: sshfs is now available in the synocommunity repo as a beta package. So if you want to install it just make sure you have beta packages enabled in Package Center and then you will be able to find it in the synocommunity repo.
-Sea

DS412+[DSM 5.2-5592]

Return to “Security/Secured Mods”