I have Ioncube Loader for DS411j working

Questions about HTTP Access/Mods may go here
Forum rules
Please note the disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.
rbaca
I'm New!
I'm New!

I have Ioncube Loader for DS411j working

Postby rbaca » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:40 pm

I just got Ioncube loader working on a DS411j with Ktools PhotoStore. Once all the versions got updated and stabilized it just works. The hard part is making sure all the versions match up and fixing one setting. If you want to request the version of the loader I have, read down.

Here is what I did.

> uname -a shows me: Linux NAS1 3.2.40 #5022 SMP Wed Jan 7 14:19:05 CST 2015 armv7l GNU /Linux synology_comcerto2k_ds414j

> Running DSM 5.1-5022 Update 3

> Web Services installed and PHP enabled.

> Custom open_basedir is /etc.defaults:/etc:/usr/syno/synoman:/tmp:/var/services/tmp:/var/services/web:/var/services/homes:/volume1/incoming

> PHPInfo shows PHP Version 5.5.21

Essentially, once everything was working, the steps are pretty simple.

1. look in the /etc/php/php.ini file for the extension directory and upload the ioncube loader file to that directory. In my php.ini it says extension_dir = "/usr/lib/php/modules".
I was using Windows so I had to upload the archive and unpack it on the system using unzip. I think tar -xzvf did not work. I remember having problems with unpacking it from Windows.

2. Edit the php.ini file. The path to mine is /etc/php/php.ini. You have to add the zend extension for the ioncube module (can't use the native extensions checkboxes in the DSM web interface), and you have to turn off opcache in PHP 5.5. This one thing caused me a lot of troubles. Here are the changes:

At the very top of the file, above everything else, add the line:
zend_extension = /usr/lib/php/modules/ioncube_loader_4.7.so

Just below the [PHP] section (in my file it is the third line down), add this line:
opcache.enable = 0

3. You may also have to adjust other settings in this file per the Ktools PhotoStore documentation. Once you reboot the Diskstation you should see the new module in phpinfo.php, and PhotoStore will work properly.

If you would like me to send you the ioncube loader just send an email to rjbaca1961 at gmail. You will need to make a donation to a charity or you can pay me twenty bucks for it. I will not refund anything and I don't provide tech support so make sure your DS kernel is correct and you are comfortable working on servers.

Return to “HTTP/Apache Mods”