404 customised page for DSM (i.e.: shared links not found page)

Questions about HTTP Access/Mods may go here
Forum rules
1) On 12/25, Synology Forums will be getting a new layout. During this time, content will still be accessible but you will be unable to make new threads and posts.

2) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

3) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
sesardelaisla
I'm New!
I'm New!

404 customised page for DSM (i.e.: shared links not found page)

Postby sesardelaisla » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:59 am

Hi All,

My first post... I hope I am posting in the right forum.

I would like to know whether there is a clean way to customise the 404 Synology branded page embedded in the DSM nginx web server. I mean the error page generated by the DSM itself, not the Web Station one. For instance, the one which is displayed when you follow a File Station shared link which does not exist. After some research, I have found out that modifying the following file does the trick:

Code: Select all

/usr/syno/share/nginx/error.html

However, I guess that this modification will be lost after every update. Besides, modifying this file enables the DSM system files have been modified unexpectedly alert in the Security Advisor so I would like to do this with some kind of workaround without disabling this check, if any.

Cheers,
Sésar
DS216+II
DSM 6.0.1-7393 Update 1
2x WD40EFRX HDDs
Setec Astronomy

Return to “HTTP/Apache Mods”