New application: simple webbrowser

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!

Integrate a (simple) webbrowser in DSM Desktop

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 207

ste8604
Experienced
Experienced

Re: New application: simple webbrowser

Unread post by ste8604 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:10 pm

sincarne wrote:
ste8604 wrote:i want this:
https://www.qnap.com/en/news/2017/qnap- ... xperiences
:!: :!:

for you is not possibile use the same docker image on synology?
Link 2 image?

Only thing can do now on Sinology is virtual machine with web browser. I say that not efficient but QNAP browser have same RAM requirement :?:
image is internal of .qpkg (the package is a tar.gz)
DS216+II - DSM 6.1

O213
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by O213 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:14 am

Hi!

It is a shame that QNAP implemented Browser Station first, but I also want this application for DSM.
In Japan, the market for virtual browsers is expanding, there are also many specialized products.

Waiting for Synology to implement it.

jasonNAS
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by jasonNAS » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:14 pm

This needs to be a feature, I have been locking down my network more and more.

Recently I was configuring my IP camera access list. The description seem like I could control what devices to stream the video too, however it controls complete access to management of the camera. Right now my synology nas can view/see video just fine, but I can't manage the camera settings or do firmware upgrades from my desktop. If I had a web browser in the NAS I could resolve this issue without factory resetting the camera or taking my NAS offline to borrow its IP address to correct the access list issue.
DS916+ 8GB Primary & DS216+II 1GB Offsite Backup

Twisted World
Seasoned
Seasoned

Unread post by Twisted World » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:16 pm

I'd like to see a DSM browser as well, although probably for another reason than most of the users in here.

At the office, I like to use all the applications on our NAS like if DSM is just another OS on a computer. I use Opera on an older iMac to connect to DSM full-screen (it's the only decent Mac browser that supports REAL full-screen). Sometimes I'd like to check something on the internet while I'm clicking about in DSM. Even though I'm already using a webbrowser at that moment, it would be so much nicer to just visit websites within the "OS" I'm using right then (DSM) rather than to switch to another full-screen tab and virtually leave DSM.
The move to the new "community" is just another example of Synology not caring about customer wishes and [Please control your language] us all in the behind. I'll be leaving this forum and NOT be joining the new "community". It was a fun ride. Please don't expect any replies from me because the e-mail address associated with my Synology account will be disabled. Goodbye and thanks for the great time while it lasted.

xRoThx
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by xRoThx » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:07 pm

ste8604 wrote:
oRBIT wrote:The main competitor has obviously solved this problem by releasing a "browser station". Synology, can we have it aswell? :)
+10000
+1 I see the main competitor having this feature, which could realy be handy in certain circumstances. Please concider this.

Grts
T

rushour
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by rushour » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:46 am

Add another vote for a graphical web browser for DSM. Having one would make it so much easier for troubleshooting, confirmation, etc.

MonsignorBart
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by MonsignorBart » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:34 pm

Another vote, I have a lot of devices at my house I can connect to through a web interface that would be SO MUCH easier if I could just remote into my DSM, open up a simple web browser, and connect/view them from anywhere. My electric monitoring device, my boiler, my solar, my lighting, are all things I can see their usage/stats through a simple web interface while attached to my network and I'm no expert on opening up ports it's killing me that I can't view/see them anywhere.

adamkimber
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by adamkimber » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:59 am

This would be really useful. I was looking to do something remotely on the network but unable to do so due to VPN restrictions.

nand0san
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by nand0san » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Hi.

I'm new here just to express i'm interested in a web browser for DSM.

Thanks!

antrzej
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by antrzej » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:53 pm

+1

DSM webbrowser would definitely come in handy in many situations...

theheardone
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Want a Synology NAS Native Browser(Chrome or Firefox)?

Unread post by theheardone » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:33 am

+1

I stumbled upon this as while my VPN server is running, for some reason I'm having issues connecting from outside the house. If I was at home, I could easily figure out what my issue was via a browser. ie did my WAN IP change? Did the router lose settings and the ports aren't open any longer? All accessible via a browser IF I was at home. But I'm not. I'm traveling in Thailand and I'd really like to have that VPN working appropriately.

CaptainC00K
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by CaptainC00K » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:06 pm

+1

I only registered to give my vote for a DSM browser. I am waiting for this for years!!! Just wondering whether someone from Synology actually cares about this vote.

Tom in Sun Valley
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Tom in Sun Valley » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:08 am

A simple web browser in DSM would be welcome.

I’d like to make some adjustments to port mapping on my cable modem/wifi router while away from home. Time Warner only allows a login from a device on the same LAN.

lightrack
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by lightrack » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:40 am

+1

Bneves
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Bneves » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:24 pm

+1

This is a feature that could be really useful, please take the customers feedback into account and implement it, please :roll:

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”