DS Photo/PotoStation wish list

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
ZoLO
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS Photo/PotoStation wish list

Postby ZoLO » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:42 pm

In PhotoStation, Apple .AAE File Support would be nice (Slowmotion Videos, new "Live Photos", Edited Photos... )

Most Pic/Vids from iPhone have extra AAE files and I assume, the amount of edited fies or "Special Feature Photos/Videos" will increase in the future...

jmtc :)
ZoLO
DuleZG
Trainee
Trainee

Postby DuleZG » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:48 am

SynoGuy123 wrote:A subscription option or notification system that automatically emails users whenever a photo is uploaded or album is created (based on admin/user preferences).

This would be great!
niciyou
I'm New!
I'm New!

Request for Photo Sync with Digital Camera via WIFI

Postby niciyou » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:36 am

I am an photographer hobbyist. I have digital camera Sony RX100M3 and A7II which is enabled WIFI feature. I can sync Photo taken by digital camera with my iPhone/PC. These digital camera can be extended with apps. I want to know if Synology plan to support these Digital Camera?

thanks very much!
Mimelgue
I'm New!
I'm New!

Windows Mobile DS Photo

Postby Mimelgue » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:40 pm

You must implement autoupload feature for WIndows mobile DS Photo...
This app is completely useless without this feature.
thecodewarrior
I'm New!
I'm New!

Enable CORS for the Aviary editor

Postby thecodewarrior » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:08 pm

Most people have very slow upload speeds because it isn't used as much, but for the Aviary editor to load an image it has to bounce through an external server with JSONP to circumvent cross domain protections, meaning that images are only loaded as fast as the upload speed of the user's internet connection.

One way to get around this is to implement CORS for PhotoStation, CORS will allow the Aviary editor to load the image entirely over the local network.

The CORS option for the Aviary Feather editor: https://developers.aviary.com/docs/web/ ... enableCORS
Enabling CORS: http://enable-cors.org
MaraGiselle
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby MaraGiselle » Sun May 08, 2016 12:05 pm

I agree with Mimelgue, the auto-upload feature on windows phone is a must. I chose and paid more money for a synology over other storage system because of the software and the fact that others have this feature and synology doesn't, is unbelievable.
Jeffd
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Jeffd » Mon May 09, 2016 4:53 pm

I'm in the same boat as Mimelgue and MaraGiselle. The Windows phone app is missing a key function in the auto-upload.
HardyK
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Photo Station To Write Face Tags to mwg-rs

Postby HardyK » Sat May 21, 2016 2:25 pm

My version of Photo Station 6.4-3166 will read face tags embedded by Picasa 3.9.141. Specifically it reads the Metadata Working Group region tags in XMP (mwg-rs). However when the same Photo Station writes face tag data, it uses the different Microsoft MP region tags in XMP.

That's great for Microsoft products like WLPG but means any app that uses only mwg-rs, like Picasa, cannot read Photo Station face tags. That reduces the portability of the photos so that when they are downloaded by a Picasa user they cannot see the face tags. It's a little strange that a product that is meant to be consumed across many different platforms does not support a cross-industry standard like Metadata Working Group.

So my request is: Please also write face tag data using mwg-rs regions in XMP. Is there a technical reason why it can't be done?

Thanks.
DS216j

Feature Suggestion: https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Tech Support: DSM Main menu -> Support Center
Matthijs Vogt
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Matthijs Vogt » Sun May 29, 2016 12:39 pm

I've recently updated all the external communication with my DS1512+ to go through https and i have everything working except for photo station through the DS Photo app on my windows phone.

Please add https support to the DS Photo app on windows phone 10.
chjs
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS Photo

Postby chjs » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Feature request for DS Photo: on application start => send wake on lan if synology is "sleeping"
of course I know there is DS Finder and this App includes this feature; but I prefer this as a feature within DS Photo

maybe it's useful to enable/disable this wake-on-lan functionality to fit users preference
Kugelblitz
Trainee
Trainee

SMART GROUP ALBUM - For easy Family Photo and Video Shareing

Postby Kugelblitz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:35 pm

Hello Synology

I got a FEATURE REQUEST for the Photostation.

It would be really good to share the Best Pictures from an event (Christmas, Birthday, Wedding, Trip....) with the other People in the Family or Company.

But in the Private Space of the Diskstation. Not open to the Public. Only to Members who got a Photostation Account and who are invited to the SMART GROUP ALBUM.
A bit like this from Google Photos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taxad270uvQ&feature=youtu.be

So Lets Say one Member creates a SMART ALBUM and Shares it with a GROUP within the Diskstation.
Every Member of the Group can put their "Best of" Pictures in the Album. Manually or with a 4 or 5 Star Rating, and the "Tag" of the Event.

Make it as flexible and easy for the people as possible.
Its great if my Grandma can use it!.

Cheers
mARTin
s_volto
Versed
Versed

Postby s_volto » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:33 pm

The normal user can only SEE the photos and post comments. Why he/she can’t rate the photos? This is very limited.
phi_lemon
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Windows Mobile DS Photo

Postby phi_lemon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:35 am

Mimelgue wrote:You must implement autoupload feature for WIndows mobile DS Photo...

Which platforms do support this?
Thor68
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Windows Mobile DS Photo

Postby Thor68 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:51 pm

phi_lemon wrote:
Mimelgue wrote:You must implement autoupload feature for WIndows mobile DS Photo...

Which platforms do support this?

I know for a fact that Android support this (since I'm using it), I'm pretty sure iOS (iPhone/iPad etc) support this also.

Cheers.
DS1815+ [16GB RAM / SHR-1 (2x10TB + 5x4TB, btrfs) / DSM 6.1.4-15217-U2] - Primary server (online since june 2016, no patch)
DS1812+ [3GB RAM / SHR-1 (mixed, btrfs) / DSM 6.1.4-15217-U2] - Backup for the 1815+

DS1511+ [3GB RAM / (SHR-1) / DSM 6.1.4-15217] - HDD tester/eraser
benjibarnicals
Enlightened
Enlightened

360 / VR Photo and Video Support in PhotoStation

Postby benjibarnicals » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:55 am

Hey all,

As 360 degree VR camera's are becoming more popular (I'm using a Ricoh Theta S and Giroptic 360cam) it would be great to see some integration into viewing compiled 360 photo's and videos, so basically using a plugin or building your own functionality to show compatible 360 content. If this was available on DS Photo+ too that would be great!

Ben

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”